Saturday, February 2, 2013

Water Dribbles Super Saturday Tutorial

Welcome to Super Saturday!  Today’s tutorial features a new variation on the acrylic block stamping technique which was originally introduced back in June, 2010 at Created By You.

Today’s Water Dribbles Technique is very much the same, using acrylic blocks, card stock and Stampin’ Up! ink pads… plus one extra element… tap water!  I’m not sure why I even thought to do this water dribble technique, LOL… but it happened!  A completed card featuring the water dribbles acrylic stamping technique will be posted at the end of this clean and simple, quick technique tutorial!

Step by Step Tutorial: 

Water Dribbles Acrylic Block Stamping Technique

  1. Cut a piece of lightly colored card stock.  I chose a 4.25” x 5.5” piece of very vanilla card stock for today’s technique.
  2. Wet your finger tips underneath the kitchen faucet and shake off most of the excess water before shaking the water over your card stock.1waterdribbletechniqonvvcs02213cbyuIf large water bubbles remain on your card stock, lightly blot with a napkin, tissue or paper towel… not to dry but to remove the bubble of water.
  3. Ink up your acrylic block and stamp immediately onto the damp card stock.2ABASHFULbluewaterdribbletechcbyu02213Random patterns are ok… in the sample shown above, I stamped with bashful blue classic ink…  It was a bit too lighter than I’d preferred, so I repeated steps 1 through 3 and stamped again with pacific point ink, which produced a much bolder pattern and design.2PACIFICPOINTwaterdribbletechbyu2213Hmm… one more try, this time with rich razzleberry ink!3richrazzleberrywatterdribbletechcbyu022132Bingo… this is the one I liked the best… why?  Who knows!!  But look at the fun card I made using this last bit of water dribbles technique for a background!4richrazzleberrywaterdribbleumbrellagirlcardThe stamped water dribble panels were fussy cut around protruding dribbles and attached to a 3.75” x 5” very vanilla card base and then layered onto a 4” x 5.25” piece of Rich Razzleberry card stock before attaching to the A-2 Card base.5richrazzleberryumbrellasilhouettecardcdetailThe silhouette image from the Million-Dollar Moments stamp set was stamped onto a scrap of very vanilla card stock and fussy cut before mounting to the prepared card.  I guess it’s time to ink my rich razzleberry ink pad, LOL… I thought about re-doing the image but I liked the graininess against the water dribbles background.

I used the tiniest ticket from the ticket duo punch to isolate “hello” and popped it onto the card using a small strip from the outer border of a stampin’ dimensional sheet to finish off the card.

I hope you enjoyed today’s water dribble technique tutorial… it’s really a quick and easy technique using items you probably already have at home!

Tomorrow I’ll share two new cards featuring a new to me stamp set “By The Tide”.  I hope you’ll stop back by to say hi and look forward to reading your comments!

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my online stampin’ up store  for supplies used in today’s…

Water Dribbles Technique Super Saturday Tutorial and

Million-Dollar Moments Card Share

Pin It!

4 comments:

Diane J Ouellette said...

COOL! Who would have thought? TFS.

Lynda said...

Awesome technique Sharon. I am also thinking that if it were done with Glossy white CS and then as you have done, but then at the end to dry it hit it with the heat gun and you wld also get little splatz as well as dribbles??? Looks amazing.

Donna Ellis said...

Sharon, these are lovely backgrounds! A great idea! TFS

Carol Carriveau said...

Great affect and never the same twice...wonderful - thank you!