That should read Tuesday Teaser Chicken Pasta Pesto Recipe and BLNT… but I ran out of space! Why Tuesday Teaser? LOL… this recipe is so delicious, your mouth should be watering right now!!
Last weekend in celebration of our DD’s birthday, DH and I made one of her favorite recipes… Sicilian Chicken Pasta Pesto with Angel Hair Pasta. DH ‘mans’ the food processor portion, while I boil and grill. This recipe is very aromatic, and comes together REALLY fast ROFL… especially when you have two people working together!! Modified from an original recipe we found on America’s Test Kitchen, we’ve adapted it to fit our family’s fondness for Italian chicken dishes with a bit of spice.
Chicken and Angel Hair Pasta Pesto
by Sharon Field… adapted from America’s Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup (heaping) whole almonds
- 14 oz cherry, grape or Campari Tomatoes (or any combination of sweet tomatoes… Marzano would be fab too!)
- 1/2 cup (PACKED) fresh basil washed and stemmed (two of those packages from the produce section)
- 5-6 medium to large garlic cloves
- 3-4 pepperoncini stemmed but seeds en tact.
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil Light (EVO Light)
- 12 oz. Angel Hair Pasta
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 whole chicken breasts cut into 1/2” x 1.5” pieces
- 1 TBSP EVO Light
- 1 tsp Rosemary-Herb Seasoning (we love the one we get from Pampered Chef)
Step By Step Instructions:
- Toast whole almonds over medium high heat, stirring often… about 4 minutes, set aside to cool. Toasted almonds have such a delicious aroma and toasting adds SO much flavor too! Tip… while waiting for them to cool, get that pasta water ready… it takes a while to boil!!
- Place the first 6 ingredients into the food processor… you may have to work in batches, scraping down the sides and pulsing until everything is liquefied.
- With the food processor running, slowly drizzle the EVO Light into the mixture let the machine run for about 30 seconds then turn it off… use that little opening/slot at the top of the food processor (most food processors have locking lids, thank God!!! Someday I’ll tell you about the hot soup exploding blender trick.)
- Heat 1 TBSP EVO Light until hot (it will just begin to smoke) and then toss in cut up chicken breast. Sprinkle with Rosemary-Herb seasoning and toss chicken to coat. Cook until juices run clear… about 3-5 minutes.
- If you can multi-task, you can add your pasta to boiling water while cooking the chicken breast… LOL, if not… then do it now! Be sure to cook the pasta Al-Dente according to package directions.
- When pasta is done, pour off 1 cup liquid and set aside before draining the rest of the liquid.
- Put the drained pasta back into the pan and add Pesto Sauce, tossing with noodles… if it’s really thick and gummy add a bit of the reserved pasta water to thin.
- Add the cooked Chicken to the pasta and it’s ready to serve… LOL you could serve right from the pan or plate it if you’ve got company!!
This dish is really yummy, but not too pretty, LOL… it would be much prettier if we simply topped the pasta with the chicken and then pesto…. but then the sauce wouldn’t give the noodles the lovely well coated flavor!We usually serve this dish with a fresh green salad… but last weekend we changed it up a bit adding Warm Tuscan Farro Salad as our side.. Kale was never so delicious…yum! I’ve got a little Kale left over, and am going to make microwave kale chips today… should be interesting!
One of my favorite breakfast ‘treats’ is half of a bacon lettuce tomato sandwich on sourdough toast…. LOL, today's Tuesday Teaser recipe uses a LOT of tomatoes and so this morning my sandwich was missing the Tomato… Bacon Lettuce NO Tomato (BLNT)… it’s just not the same!!!
I’d love to write a food blog, LOL… but where oh where would I find the time? I’d have to give up stamping, and that’s not going to happen anytime soon! Plus just writing about dinner made me hungry!! Luckily these dishes are both very good served cold, I think I’ll have a quick bite!
It’s raining, it’s raining… and it’s not a commercial… but I’m in great need of inspiration on this dark and dreary day!! Guess I will go check out some challenges to see if I can spark my creativity and get some stamping done :). See you tomorrow with a new stamped project or card!
I look forward to reading your comments, and thanks for stopping by!
Shop my online stampin’ up store for exclusive Stampin’ Up! Paper, Card Stock, Ink, Terrific Tools and Awesome Color Matching Accessories for your paper crafting needs!