Saturday, February 9, 2013

Speckled and Solid Madison Avenue Cards

Brush off that brayer!  Today’s clean and simple quick card duo feature the  free with qualifying purchase Madison Avenue Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and brayer techniques.1madisonavenuebrayeredgumballgreencbyu

The other day I decided to brayer the raised side of the Madison Avenue TI embossing folder and was quite pleasantly surprised by the results!  Several First Wednesday Card Club ladies wanted to know how in the world I got all the spots inside the leaves too, LOL…2madisonavenuebrayerdetailspeckledfun

It was kind of fun… the extra gumball green color and ink along the edges was another bonus… I liked the effect so added extra color with a stampin’ sponge wedge too.3madisonavenuepatternedoccasionscbyu3 The adorable little band-aid and sentiment from the Patterned Occasions stamp set was stamped in the lower right corner of whisper white card stock.  Patterned Occasions is another sale-a-bration stamp set too!5madisonavenuecardtwoembossednbrayer

I really wanted a clean and crisp image… even though I liked the dotty effect on the last card… so this time I simply embossed the whisper white card stock and then used my brayer to add color and sponge to accent and hi-light the edges.  LOL… got to love that gumball green ink, don’t you?  Isn’t it amazing what you can do with simple whisper white card stock, an ink pad and a few tools?6madisonavebrayeredafterembossingcbyu

Much, much crisper… and the contrast is perfect for the whisper white card base too.  Talk about a clean and simple, fresh fun card!8justbecausestampedimageonbrayeredcard “Just Because” is yet another free with $50 or more merchandise purchase during the big Sale-A-Bration sale.  It’s from the 4 image stamp set “Vintage Verses”…

Both today’s cards feature brayer techniques.Have you placed your sale-a-bration order yet?  Visit my online stampin’ up! store to have your sale-a-bration product delivered to your door!

LOL… sorry for today’s late post!  I know I really messed up Esther’s coffee… I’ll probably need to take her to lunch one day soon!

I look forward to reading your lovely comments and hope you have a wonderfully inky day!

Hugs,
Sharon

Shop my online stampin’ up store for supplies used in today’s…

Speckled and Solid Madison Avenue Brayer Technique Cards

Pin It!

2 comments:

Lynda said...

2 great cards Sharon...and you have to love it when an experiment looks so good. ooxx

Donna Ellis said...

Sharon, I love embossing folders - they always make everything look richer and grander. This card may be CAS, but it looks amazing!