Happy Valentines Day!! I hope you have something wonderful planned with/for your someone special!! I know I do ;)
With good intentions, LOL today was to be a day FULL of stamping!! BUT.. that didn’t happen! Instead, I was hijacked or kidnapped by DD to visit/view a potential new (and promising btw) property. Other plans included making home made chicken soup and visiting a local craft store… but that didn’t happen!
So… this evening when DH arrived home the soup wasn’t made, no stamping had been done and most of all he was hungry!! It was very cold and damp outside and who wants to dine out in that weather?
A quick and easy recipe staple was called into action… and dinner was served.. late but good! It’s one of my standard quick and easy recipes to serve dinner… with just a few ingredients and very modifiable. So.. in lieu of a stamped art project for today’s post I’m sharing a very quick and easy dinner recipe!
Quick and Easy Light Italian Chicken / Pasta Sauté
- 2 whole chicken breasts cut into 3/4” x 1/2” pieces
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 tsp EVO Light
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Rosemary Herb Seasoning ( I use Pampered Chef)
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes (Muir Woods Organic)
- 8 oz. Angel Hair Pasta (Barilla) cooked according to package directions
- 8 oz. Marinara Sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Add EVO light to sauté pan, heat over medium heat.
- Add chicken, onions and spices, sauté until chicken is done (appx. 4-5 minutes)
- Add canned tomatoes and marinara, heat thoroughly
- Stir in parmesan cheese.
- Drain cooked pasta, add to bowl and top with chicken and tomato sauté.
Serve with fresh veggies and/or tossed salad… and if you dare to dream.. garlic bread (Alexia all natural is my favorite!!)
- During the last two minutes, add fresh broccoli.. yum!!
- Add 1/4 cup red wine with the tomatoes for a deep, rich flavor
- Double the red pepper for a fun spicy dish!
- Top with additional Marinara!!
Let me know if you try this quick and easy recipe and how you’ve changed it, I’d love to know!!
See you tomorrow, I look forward to reading your comments… and sorry I didn’t have a new card project today!
Sh0p my online stampin’ up store for your favorite scrapbook, paper crafts and card maker supplies!