Sunday, February 10, 2013

A Quick and Easy Valentine for Seniors!

Twice a month I teach clean and simple (CAS) card making at a local senior center.  Last week, with Valentines Day just around the corner we made this quick and easy valentine featuring two stamp sets, real red card, very vanilla and crumb cake card stock from Stampin’ Up!1reallyquickandeasyvalentineforseniorscbyu

Stampin’ Up! stamp sets used on this card were the swirl image from the Everything Eleanor stamp set, and single image “Love You”.  Both images were stamped using Real Red classic ink from Stampin’ Up!  I love the ink coverage attained using the new firm foam pads, don’t you?2everythingeleanorvalentinestampedcbyu

In addition to the card stock, a small heart and large heart punch were used along along with stampin’ dimensionals aka “pop dots”.3loveyoustampedinrealredcreatedbyufeb13

A teeny tiny pearl basic jewel accent was added to the center of the tiny punched real red heart just for fun.4twoheartsandnewsprintdspreaditlolcbyu

I’m going to have to make sure whomever I send THIS card to has a sense of humor… LOL I wasn’t paying too much attention to the script from Newsprint Designer Series Paper when I punched the heart.  It’s talking about flowers, but I think fungi and lichens are probably not the message I want to send to a loved one!!  Luckily the Newsprint designer series papers are two sided and plentiful… I can just stamp another heart to ‘fix’ my quick and easy, clean and simple Valentine!!

Hope you enjoyed today’s card share… I recently read some information from a prominent stampin’ up demonstrator who stated that people don’t visit blogs on the weekend… Is that true?  Am I wasting my time sharing on the weekend?  Leave me a comment or contact me to tell me how you feel about weekend posts!

I look forward to reading your comments and appreciate your orders big or small!  Visit my online stampin’ up! store to have your paper crafting and scrapbook supplies delivered right to your door!

Hugs,
Sharon

Pin It!

5 comments:

2KutiesGrandma said...

Actually - I spend more time reading blogs on weekends than I do during the week. Since I work full-time, I skim through my RSS reader on weekdays. But I peruse more carefully on Saturday and Sunday.

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

This is very pretty. I love the heart and the pearl. A sense of humor should be part of getting old. LoL
Nicole/Beadwright

Kate Stockman said...

I read your blog EVERY day! Don't stop.
TFS

Loll Thompson said...

Hi Sharon. Lovely Valentine's day card and I'm sure the members of your class enjoyed making them. So wonderful that you share your time with Seniors twice a month.

As for posting on weekends ... I post whenever I have a card ready to share and I don't give much thought to what day of the week it is. There are lots of people that post everyday, and lots of Blog Challenges, many running each and every day of the week. In fact some of the best known blog challenges run on the weekends (Less is More, Addicted to CAS, Paper Players to name a few). Loll xx

Lynda said...

I so love the Elements of Style flourish used here Sharon. Grand card and great for Seniors. ooxx