Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A Couple of Big Booms and Mini Cooper

It’s been a crazy week with early hours starting at 5am, and very long days!!  But tomorrow I’m staying home ALL DAY to stamp, LOL!!   I need a little R&R after three days of climbing ladders, hanging banners and dressing mannequins!! 

Today’s post is just a little late… after a little bit of excitement at the Town Center early this afternoon!  I smelled something burning but couldn’t figure out where it was coming from then BOOM!!  And BOOM again!!  A condominium under construction had giant flames coming out of the top of the structure and the thick black smoke smelled like electrical wires burning!  Thankfully nobody was hurt… and a  little wake up call for the tired visual team after a busy three day run!!1handdrawnminicoopercardsharonfieldToday’s card is a custom card which was hand drawn by consignment for a friend… her DH is a BIG Mini-Cooper fan.  LOL… I looked online for mini cooper punch art and after considering creating one myself, opted to quickly sketch one out.3handcutbannerfromminicooperantennae This was to be a very special Valentines Day card… so I added “Happy Valentines Day” from the Stampin’ Up! Teeny Tiny Wishes Stamp Set.'2thecoopercoloredwithcopicsbysharonfield The mini cooper was colored and shaded using my Copic markers, Silver Spica Pen and a Signo White Gel Pen.4insideofminicoopercardmasculineThe interior of the mini cooper valentine was cut at 5.25” x 4”, and the lower half embossed using the houndstooth textured impressions embossing folder and big shot machine.  As a final touch the Stampin’ Up! single image “Love You” was stamped using real red classic ink.  I think this added a very masculine appearance to the inside of the card, don’t you?

Tomorrow I’ll be sharing just one more very quick and easy, clean and simple valentine with you… Thanks for stopping by my very, very late post today and I look forward to reading your comments!

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my online stampin’ up store  for most supplies used in today’s hand drawn Mini Cooper Valentine Card

Pin It!

1 comment:

Loll Thompson said...

Sweet! Can't believe you drew that mini cooper - you are so talented! Love your coloring ... and the little banner is perfect. Loll