Monday, January 21, 2013

Whale Tag Card… CAS with DSP Accents

Today’s Whale Tag Card is a clean and simple sample shared with club members earlier this month.  The tag was cut from So Saffron Card Stock and complimented with very vanilla, old olive and midnight muse card stock and designer series papers (DSP).whale1dspandcascardforredoEdges of the so saffron tag were sponged using a wedge of stampin’ sponge and midnight muse ink… then both whale and tag were attached to the card front using stampin’ dimensionals.whale1tagwithdspaccentsandwavesDesigner Series Papers for today’s CAS Oh Whale Card are from the Sunshine and Sprinkles DSP pack.  I love the patterns and colors in this paper pack, don’t you?

LOL… just didn’t have the right blue ribbon for the card… so I added a polka dot ribbon bow to the top of the tag attaching it with three mini glue dots.whale1polkadotribbonandpaperaccentsBoth sentiment and whale spouting water were stamped DTP (direct to paper) before attaching the clearlit die-cut whale to the tag.  I thought he needed a little bit of bling… so added a medium rhinestone jewel for his eye.whale1polkadottedwithrhinestoneeyeDie cutting with the clearlits sizzlit can be a bit tricky… and often the image is a bit off center… I’ve got an idea for die cut success but haven’t had time to work with it yet… will share when I do!whale1embossedcardstockdetailcbyuPlaying around with the new score plate for my simply scored tool… what fun!  Look closely and you can see the embossed curves (waves) in the midnight muse card stock.

Well.. hi ho.. again, it’s off to work I go :)  Thanks for stopping by my little blog and I look forward to reading your comments!

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my online stampin’ up store for supplies used in today’s…

Whale Tag Card… CAS with DSP Accents

Pin It!

2 comments:

Lynda said...

Guarenteed to make an unwell person smile. Love the scored waves. ooxx

Carolyn D. said...

This is such a cute card, Sharon. It uses so many products in a sweet combination. I look forward to learning your tip for using clear sizzlits. Can you tell me how you cut your tags at the top end please? Is there a tip for that?

Carolyn