Friday, January 18, 2013

Valentines for Seniors And Stepped Up!

When I first made this Valentine Card for my Senior Stampin’ Group, I just wasn’t happy with it!  The card used one of the pretty paper doily hearts cut away from the More Amore Specialty Designer Series Paper, and all the right colors… red, crumb cake, vanilla and a little bling.  But something was missing.plainvalentinebeforeredoseniors You know me… was it texture?  I was on a major time crunch and really wanted to make this class super portable.redplainvalentinepreredocreatedbyuLoved the bling heart from silver glimmer paper punch… and cherry cobbler seam binding seemed to tie in with the different hues of reds and pinks.  But something was missing….prettyinpinkwithblingvalentinecreatedbyuSo, I changed up the color palette a bit, and added a stamped En Fracais background… ooh what a difference!!bemyvalentineprettyinpinkcreatedbyuKept the silver glimmer paper heart, although looking at it now, I think red glimmer paper may have been a more bold choice :)valentinescallopheartpinkwithenfrancaisRibbon was changed to stitched grosgrain in pretty in pink, and I kept the swirl stamped from the Everything Eleanor stamp set which I received free at leadership a few years ago.

The card stock used on the second card was pretty in pink, riding hood red, very vanilla…. and on the first card, crumb cake, riding hood red and very vanilla.  Small changes, big impact… isn’t that fun?

Thanks for stopping by my little blog today, I really appreciate your taking time to view my blog posts and look forward to reading your comments,

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my online stampin’ up store  for supplies used on today’s Valentine Senior Cards

Pin It!

5 comments:

Bev Polen said...

Beautiful card, Sharon. I agree with you - the second one is a real WOW!

fabiola jaques said...

superbe, chic et élégant mais c'est "en Français" et pas "en Fracais" lol, biz

Lynda said...

Oh so sweet Sharon. LURVE the stepped up card.

lisa808 said...

Wow, the stamped En Francais background really changed a pretty card to a Wow card.

scrapfancy said...

I really like your pink heart combo. My favorite. Thanks for sharing.