Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Simply Stunning Swallowtail Thank You

Yesterday, I awoke with this card in my head… it was simply a matter of execution!  LOL the elegant swallowtail stamp was inked using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and stamped onto Newsprint Designer Series Paper.bfly1013913createdbyu_sfield_copics After coloring using Copic Markers, there was a moment when I really had to decide which side of the colored newsprint dsp to use!!1abflycopiccolreddspcreatedbyusharonfield113Of course there’s the intentional side,  where the stamped and copic colored image was quite bright and bold…1bbfly2reversecopiccoloringsharonfield And then, the reverse… which was almost like a water colored image.. pretty cool, right?butterfly2sharonfieldjanuary302012cbyu  After coloring the swallowtail, accents were added using a Signo White Gel Pen… a brand new one!  LOL… that gel pen flowed so much better than the ones I’ve had in my stash.. guess it WAS time for a new pen or two!bfly5_createdbyu011330slfNeeding a little more contrast on the swallowtail’s body, I traced a portion of the head and body using a sharpie pen, which made it stand out from the printed dsp a bit more.butterfly3createdbyublogspotsfieldjan3013 Narrow scraps of trimmed and colored dsp from cutting down the swallowtail colored paper were used behind the “thank you” punched and popped sentiment to make it stand out from the background.

Both the stamped image and punch are Sale-a-Bration free items when you place a merchandise order of $50 or more… the pretty petites stamp set includes 8 images which all work nicely with the Petite Curly Label Punch… isn’t that cool?

I look forward to reading your comments, and hope you have a wonderful day!

Hugs,
Sharon

Shop my online stampin’ up store for most supplies used in today’s Simply Stunning Swallowtail Thank You Card

Pin It!

5 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Sharon, thank you for explaining how you created this masterpiece. Love how the backside looks, too! Gosh, what a difficult decision. Maybe you should have "copied" the backside on your printer so you could make both cards LOL It's beautiful! I wonder how my signo pens are working - I've neglected them....

Cindy Ware said...

This is so beautiful! I love the blues!

lisa808 said...

Lovely card!

sandi said...

Absolutely gorgeous card. Thank you for sharing.

Rachel Brooks said...

Lovely card and I love the thought of using the reverse side! Great thought! I felt this stamp was too large, but loving anything butterflies as I do, I ordered it and can't wait to give it a whirl.