Thursday, January 24, 2013

Pretty Polka Dot Paper Valentine Card

A Pretty Polka Dot Paper Background is perfect for today’s layered heart Valentine Card.  Midnight Muse and Primrose Petals card stock compliment the print poetry designer series paper pack pattern.myprettypolkadotvalentinecbyu113Be My Valentine is from the Delightful Dozen Stamp Set… and stamped in Riding Hood Red Ink directly to the designer series paper.layeredheartpolkadotvalentinecbyu

1-1/4” Two Toned ribbon with shades of pink pirouette and Rose Red is tied across the card… I’m not sure what I was expecting when I originally ordered this ribbon.. double sided?  It’s not double sided but instead woven with threads of both colors.  While the ribbon appears pink in color, there are undertones of the darker rose red color.  It’s very silky and pretty… but just not what I had expected!polkadotvalentinerosedetailwithbling A trimmed rose from 5/8” flower trim was attached to the center of layered die cuts from the More Amore Specialty Designer Series Paper Pack.  A Medium rhinestone was added to the center of the rose… I tried using a larger one… but medium was just the right size!polkadotvalentinedoilyblingdetailcbyuA second, smaller rhinestone was added to the top doily… another scrap left over from the boutique boxes kit featured here last week.  polkadotvalentineprofileandribboncbyu Layers of color and die cuts give a higher profile to today’s Valentine Card… but still small enough to fit within a standard A2 Envelope.  LOL… probably will need the $.65 stamp (especially if you get that grumpy guy at the post office!!)

Last Sunday I made such a wonderful and different dinner… I’m trying to come up with something as special for this weekend… I wish I had taken a photo of the stuffed tomatoes, Tuscan Baked Chicken, Sautéed Haricot Verts with Cranberry Orzo and Wild Rice Salad!!   Any suggestions?

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today… I look forward to reading your comments and suggestions!

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my online stampin’ up store  for supplies used on today’s…

Pretty Polka Dot Paper Valentine Card with layered heart die-cuts

Pin It!

2 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

what lovely heart dies, Sharon. They look so pretty layered the way you've placed the colors and dimensionals. Your rose is beautiful! So soft and so many petals! A gorgeous Valentine! hugs, de

lisa808 said...

Pretty card. Love the layered hearts and bow.