Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A Really, REALLY Fast 2 Minute Card!

Wow… I don’t think I’ve made a card this quickly in a very long time!!  Today’s card was inspired by a time shortage, LOL and the Artisan Embellishment Kit found on page 10 of the current Mini Catalog! 

When I originally purchased the kit, I was really looking forward to making a very special project using the 4 trims, 8 buttons, roses, etcetera…. but there it sat on my stamping table!  Yesterday I set the kitchen timer, so I wouldn’t run late and sat down to make as many card as I could, really REALLY Fast…1a_artisanawardquickcascardjanuary2913On my stamp table was a pre-cut piece of Very Vanilla Card Stock and one sheet of DSP from the Print Poetry Designer Paper Stack.  After trimming the Print Poetry DSP to 5-1/4” x 4” this card went together very quickly!2_artisankit_paperdoilydetailjan2913  First I glued the paper doily to the Print Poetry DSP….3artisanawardlacedetailfromkitwow012913  Then I wrapped the DSP with the prettiest lace trip from the Artisan Embellishment Kit securing it to the back and center of the paper with mini glue dots.4artisankitpaperrosedetailcreatebyu012913 “Thinking of You” was a leftover piece from making yesterday’s Yellow and Gray Color Inspiration card… the punched sentiment was attached to the lace using mini glue dots.  The rose stem was clipped close to the base (NOT at the base) then flattened before securing it to the card front using three mini glue dots.5_alternateartisanawardcardview012913The card profile is raised because of the rose and would need a bubble envelope if mailed.  But I really like the way it turned out… and in under two minutes!!  LOL… it took longer to edit the photos and write this blog post!  AND… as a double bonus, it works for the CASE Study #125 Challenge too… a pop of pink vs. red… but it works, right?

I hope you enjoyed today’s really, REALLY fast 2 minute card… now I’ve got to use up the rest of those pretty little Artisan Embellishment Kit pieces!!

Have a great day, I look forward to reading your comments!

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my online stampin’ up store for supplies used in today’s…

Really, REALLY Fast 2 Minute Card featuring the Artisan Embellishment Kit and Print Poetry DSP pack!

Pin It!

2 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

I LOVE this card, Sharon! The DP is GORGEOUS! A great idea for a quick card, and it looks so romantic and special, too! hugs, de

Maureen said...

Love all the vintagey elements! So pretty :) Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study :)