Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Those Little Craft Boxes and Gifts!

At this months’ First Wednesday Card Club, members received a special gift from me in a kraft box.  LOL, and then they had to wraps their own gift!  The boxes all came out beautifully, and everyone seemed pleased to go home with a gift to open on Christmas day!justthecutestgiftboxwithanornamentinside The boxes were wrapped with paper from the Be Of Good Cheer paper pack… but before gluing to the box, 1/2” x 12” strips of cherry cobbler card stock were added to the edges of the 3” x 12” strip of DSP.angelornamentinsidegiftboxtopviewclub Red and green jingle bells were strung using bakers twine and attached to the cherry cobbler seam binding ribbon and bow.  The seam binding was just wide enough to cover where the 12” DSP and card stock didn’t meet on the bottom of the kraft box.cutetrickwiththeheartpunchtomakecorner, Tag corners were added to a 1-1/4” x 2-3/4” piece of neutrals vanilla card stock by clipping one corner and then flipping the cut piece over onto the opposite corner to use as a template.  LOL… I would have used my retired ticket corner punch but my stamp room is SUCH a mess, it’s scary!

After sponging the card stock edges, a 1/2” circle punch of cherry cobbler card stock was attached to neutrals vanilla card stock tag before punching through the center using a crop-a-dile punch.

During the meeting, I also showed club members how to use the small hear punch to make a fancy corner adornment from red glimmer paper…. just like the one on the tag.  (Hint:  you start with a corner of red glimmer paper and insert the corner only partially into the heart punch!)

Well… I’ve recently learned that the person I paid to do my newsletter has decided not to do it at all… Although I am quite disappointed, I know that she has a lot on her plate right now… Just wish she would have told me a month ago!!  I’m not sure what to do at this point.. unfortunately my time is quite limited as well (duh… that’s why I paid someone to do it!!) 

As a result of this faux pas…. my December sales are not where I had hoped they’d be… If you’re thinking of a gift for a crafty friend (or yourself) please visit my online stampin’ up! store to place an order and have it delivered to your door!

Thanks so much for your patience, for following along with my little blog and for your support and comments! 

Hugs,

Sharon

Visit my online stampin’ up store for supplies used in today’s Little Craft Boxes and Club Gift Project!

Pin It!

1 comment:

fajaques said...

oh wouah! c'est adorable, biz