Saturday, December 22, 2012

Organic Gluten Free PB Cookie Recipe

Taking a break from stamping (not that I want to) for the busy holiday season!!  It’s kind of been forced upon me (because I don’t say no, lol).

So… today I thought I’d share a new recipe inspired by a winning recipe found in the December 7, 2012 Parade Magazine.  The award winning recipe by Karen Spector was for Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies.  I took it a bit further due to allergies which my co-worker and friend has, making the recipe totally organic too.  Organic_GlutenFree_cookies122212sfield Here’s my recipe twist:

Organic Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies

makes 2 dozen

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup Organic Cane Sugar
  • 1 cup Smuckers Organic Creamy Peanut Butter*
  • 1 tsp Spice Islands Organic Pure Vanilla Extract (no corn syrup added)
  • 1/4 tsp organic sea salt
  • 1 egg, well beaten
  • 1/2  cup raw blanched peanuts

Step by Step Instructions

  1. Bake the raw, blanched peanuts in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes, stir and cook another 10 minutes.  While still hot, sprinkle lightly with organic sea salt.  Allow the cooked peanuts to cool thoroughly before chopping.
  2. Mix together:  Sugar, Peanut Butter, Vanilla Extract, and Sea Salt.
  3. Add well beaten egg, mix thoroughly.
  4. Shape dough into ball and allow to sit in refrigerator 1 hour or more.  (Note:  I do this with ALL my cookie doughs, especially chocolate chip which I always make a day ahead.  This allows the flavors to meld and the sugar to de-crystallize.)
  5. Remove refrigerated dough from refrigerator and allow to set at room temperature for 20-30 minutes.
  6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  7. Cover baking pan with parchment paper.
  8. Scoop up walnut-sized bit of dough, roll between fingers until it is perfectly formed.
  9. Dip dough into cooled crushed peanuts, place on baking sheet and flatten in a criss-cross pattern using a fork.
  10. Bake 10-12 minutes until lightly browned.
  11. Leave on cookie sheet to cool 2-3 more minutes, remove to wire rack to continue to cool.side_view_organicglutenfreepbcookies

These cookies have very little preservative excepting the bit of sea salt that is in them… they should be eaten the same day, frozen or refrigerated.

* I chose this particular peanut butter because it was readily available at my local Publix grocer and the ONLY ingredient on the label was peanuts.  The recipe calls for one cup of peanut butter, and there was a little bit left in the jar for a late night snack :)

I hope you enjoy this recipe, I know my friend certainly did… and have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Hugs,

Sharon

shop my online stampin’ up store for your favorite stampin’ up supplies!

Pin It!

4 comments:

sandi said...

HAVE A very Merry Christmas.

Cindy Ware said...

Wow! Thanks a bunch for this recipe! PB cookies are my FAVE cookies. Have a very Merry, Happy, & Safe Christmas! Hugs, Cindy

Donna Ellis said...

Sharon, I can hardly wait to try this recipe! Thanks!

Cindy Ware said...

I was just reading through this recipe and came across where you said "they should be eaten the same day,..." --- NOT A PROBLEM!!! lol