Happy Veterans Day… and thank you to all who have served during war time and peace including our DS! This week, we’re also celebrating a special milestone… our 30th wedding anniversary! Where does the time go? LOL, it certainly doesn’t feel like it’s been that many years… but then again how did our kids get so old?
This weekend our DD surprised us with a very special and excellent dinner at her home… what a pleasant surprise and a lovely meal of Rosemary / Herb crusted Beef Tenderloin, Heirloom Tomato Salad, Salt Potatoes and Sautéed Tender Green Beans… YUM! She even sent us home with leftovers… that’s a bit of a reversal from our typical weekends where she gets leftovers from a dinner I have prepared!
Today’s card share is a very Clean and Simple (CAS) Christmas card which I made with one of my Senior Stampers’ group last week. Featuring a single pine tree from the Lovely as a Tree stamp set, along with the masking and sponging techniques.
A 1-1/4” circle punch was used to punch post it notes… and used as a mask while sponging very vanilla card stock with bashful blue ink.
And, here’s Today’s Tip for Paper Crafters:
- When punching post-it notes for masking, be sure to capture the sticky part of the note, LOL!
- Punch several layers of post it note at once… 4 or 5 works well.
- Back the layered post it notes with a piece of scrap card stock for a cleaner punch!
- You can use the post it note mask several times, but once it becomes saturated you will need to discard it or risk transferring unwanted ink to your project.
- I generally use genuine Post-It Notes for brayer, masking, and sponging projects… they seem to be a bit thicker. If you find your post it notes are becoming saturated too quickly, try using two layers as a mask vs. just one.
A CAS knot of seam binding graces the bottom edge of the card, burying the edges beneath a layer of old olive card stock before attaching to the very vanilla card base.
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today, I look forward to reading your encouraging comments and hope you’ll stop back tomorrow for another new card share!
Shop my online stampin’ up store for supplies used in today’s…
Veterans Day, Christmas Card Share and 30 Year Anniversary Post.
Stamps: Lovely As A Tree WM 115026/ CM 127793, Petite Pairs WM 122495/ CM 122497
Papers: Very Vanilla 101650, Old Olive 100702, Candlelight Christmas Specialty Designer Series Paper Pack 126901
Inks: Bashful Blue 126961, Old Olive 126953, Cherry Cobbler 126966
Terrific Tools: 1-1/4” circle punch 119861, Stampin’ Sponge Wedge 101610
Awesome Accessories: Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding 120992, SNAIL Adhesive 104332, Post It Notes (Office Supply Item)
Techniques: Masking, Sponging, Clean and simple stamping, CAS, Direct to paper (DTP)