Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Trompe L’oeil Trim, Violets, Blog Candy!

You’ve still got time… tomorrow’s the Big Day!  On Wednesday evening, all the Paper Craft Crew Design Team members will be announcing their blog candy winners!  The Paper Craft Crew Challenge  site will also post the winner of MEGA BLOG CANDY contributed by the design team members.  Read last Wednesday’s PCCCS014 Post for details and to add your winning comment and link!

1.violetswithunusualcolorssandcreatedbyu

I chose unusual ‘out of the box’ colors for today’s card… literally, from my scrap box.  Not colors I would normally put together on a card, but I do like them together don’t you?  The card base was done in Whisper White atop which a sahara sand layer was placed.  Accent colors were added in daffodil delight and chocolate chip (Designer series paper packs), along with cherry cobbler and old olive card stock.

2.prettyvioletscreatedbyu_blogspotsfield

The hero arts “Violets” image was originally purchased for use on an ATC swap I participated in… Boy, are the violets easy to color with copic markers!! 

Look closely at the left side of the violets.  There’s a row of teeny tiny miniature brads, of course.  Doesn’t the chocolate chip dsp appear on first glance to be scalloped?  But it’s not … that’s a trompe l’oeil trick accomplished by using the patterned paper against darker old olive card stock.  LOL now that I have pointed that out, you probably no longer see the scallops!

The old olive card stock was embossed using the chevron embossing folder and big shot die-cutting machine.  To make the pattern pop and stand out more, it was then swiped with a clean versa mark ink pad!  Be patient, it takes a moment or two for the color to darken (or if you’re impatient, speed the process up with a heat tool.)

Tomorrow I’ll be sharing a new sketch from the paper craft crew, and later tomorrow evening I’ll be announcing my blog candy winner… I wish you luck on my blog candy prizes as well as those the other design team members are offering!  The Mega Prize winner will be posted on the Paper Craft Crew Challenge Blog tomorrow evening as well… be sure to check it out!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!  Don’t forget to VOTE!!  I look forward to your comments!

Hugs,
Sharon

Shop my online stampin’ up store for most supplies used in today’s Copic colored Violets Card with Chevron Embossed background and Trompe L’oeil card!

Pin It!

2 comments:

ellouise1969 said...

What an ecclectic mix of colour and textures Sharon. The violets are stunning. Love them.

lisawhs808 said...

The violets are so pretty.