Friday, November 9, 2012

Smiling Snowman Snow Flurry Snowflake

In my spare time, I enjoy making unique hand made cards.  In the past, I have mass produced hand made crocheted afghans, created elaborate scrapbooks and pages, made hand made books, intricate jewelry pieces along with hand pieced AND hand quilted very intricate miniature quilts.  Do you chase your creative muse?  LOL… it’s quite a chase! 

Last week, I painted a couple mixed media canvases with my dear friend Tee Thompson… we really feed off each other and overlap styles quite a bit when working together.  I saw my storms creeping onto her canvases, which meant that I was infiltrating her fabulous art… NOT what I meant to do!!

Over all, I still enjoy beading, quilting and painting… but paper crafting is so much less expensive as a hobby!!  Yes, I NEED more paper, designer series paper, equipment and tools… but they do get used each and every day!  AND there are tons of advantages to working with paper (or paint)!

  1. Do-overs are very, very inexpensive.
  2. It’s only Paper… and it’s so easy to cut another piece.
  3. There are NO mistakes, only creative opportunities!
  4. This month when you host a Stampin’ Up! party totaling $450 or more in merchandise, you also receive a FREE family of ink pads… WOW  contact me to see how you can host a stampin’ up workshop with friends… and it can be long distance or online too!!1.novemberclubcardchampagneglimmersnowflake

Isn’t this a fun card?  LOL… we made it during the November meeting of the First Wednesday Card Club.  I had planned to do a two layered snowman, but this one just jumped into my stampin’ space!2.squarelatticeembossingwithnavyregalsbrads

Luckily, I had enough Basic Black and Regals (Night of Navy) brads on hand to supply all club members with brads… lol, sometimes I need to do a pre-order to get my club card supplies ready to go!!

The night of navy background was embossed with one of my favorite textured impressions embossing folders “Square Lattice”.  This folder is fabulous for masculine cards, animal and kid cards… and really great on Christmas or Holiday cards too… very versatile!!  When piercing the holes for brad placement, I always skip two holes (vs.. one) which gives a very nice distance between the brads.  3.snowmanfacewithglimmerpaperandgelpen

Snowflakes were drawn on today’s card after the faux stitching, snowman head and snowflake were added… so you don’t have to add white gel pen to areas you’re going to cover anyway.  Isn’t that like a really “duh” moment!!  I had one too ;) LOL!

Faux stitching can be a little tricky, can’t it?  I took a short cut when making this card that my club members just LOVED when I shared it at the first Wednesday Card Club meeting!  LOL, it was kind of funny when I shared it because one of my members said she does this all the time.. she hadn’t shared that tip with me, and I learn so much from my club members!!

Today’s tips for paper crafters:

  1. Pierce EACH hole in the crumb cake card stock (or whatever you are using) using a paper piercing tool, stampin’ pierce mat and paper piercing essentials pack. (I used to say mat pack… but the new paper piercing essentials pack allows you to go the entire length of your project, too cool!!)
  2. NOW… grab a credit card, gift card or hotel room key and line it up so that it is positioned through the center of each hole.
  3. Use the fine point tip of your stampin’ write marker to “connect the dots” forming perfect faux stitching!!
  4. Alternatively, you could also use a ruler.. pretty darn cool!

Did you notice the champagne glimmer paper snow flurry large snow flake die cut behind the snowman’s head?  LOL.. yesterday’s card featured the die cut scraps as a flower.. check it out in Wednesday’s Post HERE.

Gosh, I’m chatty today!!  Sorry about the lengthy post!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today!!  Your comments really make my day… It’s a lot of work blogging daily, and something I have done for a couple of years now.  I always look forward to reading your comments and appreciate your orders from my online stampin’ up! store!

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my online stampin’ up! store for supplies used in today’s …

Smiling Snowman Snow Flurry Bigz Die Snowflake Club Card

Pin It!

3 comments:

Sandi AULT said...

Love it!! Thank you for sharing and all your hard work.

de Ellis said...

The perfect backdrop for a snowman! LOOKS FABULOUS! You always have the most inspired ideas, Sharon.

ellouise1969 said...

Bling and an oh so cute snowman Sharon...how wonderful. So many elements to love.. I too love papercrafting for all the reasons you list above....and more.