Saturday, November 3, 2012

Right At Home Pretty Painted Row Houses

Right At Home, a retired Stampin’ Up! Stamp set features today’s card focal image:  Three row houses.  The row houses remind me of the infamous “Painted Ladies” of San Francisco! 

1prettylittlerowhouses

I’d love to see Stampin’ Up! or someone come up with sets of famous skyline images… large enough to grace the bottom edge of a scrapbook page yet small enough to fit on a card.  YES, I’ve requested them from SU… but I guess that’s as far as my idea has gone!

The Sahara Sand background was embossed using a big shot die cutting machine and the woodgrain embossing folder… looks a little like wood siding against my pretty painted ladies don’t you think?

2.rowhouses_threeinarowsharonfield

The Painted Ladies in San Fran are much more colorful, LOL at least they were when I last walked past them!  Perhaps next time I’ll pull a photo of the real Painted ladies and try to match them up with my copic markers!!  I was in a Christmas and holiday mood when I chose the colors for my houses and card stock.

2.lovedmakingbrickswithmycopicmarkers

Faux bricks were created using my Copic colorless marker (0) to push the color away from the spot where it touched the coloring…. it’s a really fun technique to do!  The roof shingles were made in the same manner.

Three brads flank both right and left sides of the focal image from Right at Home, in coordinating Garden Green Color from the Regals Brad Set.  The brads were perfectly positioned using a stampin’ pierce mat, paper piercing essentials and paper piercing tool leaving two empty spaces between each brad.

There’s still time to play along with this weeks’ Paper Craft Crew Challenge!  We’re giving away MEGA BLOG CANDY next Wednesday… read Wednesday’s PCCCS14 Blog Candy Post and how to win the GRAND prize! 

Thanks for stopping by today, I look forward to reading your comments!

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my online stampin’ up store for most supplies used in today’s Right At Home Pretty Painted Row Houses Card Share.

Pin It!

2 comments:

Donna said...

Sharon, I LOVE this card! It looks like the houses are having a happy conversation, and that they enjoy being the bright, Christmasy colors you've selected. Really sweet card

nana_cindy42 said...

So cute! It's a bright, cheery, fun card and beautifully colored!