Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Red, Green, Sparkle and Bling PCCCS015

Today’s Paper Craft Crew Challenge card is one we make in today’s First Wednesday Card Club!  LOL, it was a LOT of work cutting out all the tiny little pieces and prepping!  But, I think the card members will enjoy the bright contrasting colors of Real Red and Gumball Green with a little bling!!pcccs015_sfield_110712 Today’s Christmas card was inspired by the Snow Festival and Perfect Polka Dots Designer Series Paper Packs!  Wanting to design a bright and cheery Christmas card for the club meeting, I sorted through my scraps to see which papers I had more of!

The background was stamped using the En Francais large background stamp, and then layers were built atop and behind the stamped whisper white card stock.2.layeredsnowflakewithhalfinchredglimmercircle Both Silver and Red Glimmer Paper were used in the snowflake collage, along with a silver glimmer brad… aren’t they pretty together?  The snowflake is actually the two smaller die cuts from the Snow Flurry Bigz Die.  LOL, this die seems to get totally lost in the current mini catalog!!  The “Snow Flurry” Bigz Die and has three sizes of snowflakes and can be found on page 14.

The sentiment is part of the Joyous Celebrations stamp set found on page 7 of the current mini catalog.  It’s one of the first holiday stamps I purchased from the catalog… I  loved the tiny reindeer and coordinating oval stamp for the wide oval punch!3.sentimentandbannerswithbling Stamped sentiment berries are also part of the Season of Joy stamp set… I inked it with gumball green  and then stamped direct to paper before coloring the berries using a real red marker.  After adding a real red stamped sentiment, the greeting was fussy cut and layered onto tiny scraps of paper ribbons. 

LOL.. I didn’t really cut out the red glimmer paper, it’s the scrap left over from punching the red glimmer scalloped edge… All I needed to do was cut a dovetail into the scrap!4.scallopedborderlayersofdspandglimmer The double scallop edges are turned on the side so you can see how they shadow each other… just a little more bling and a fun little card don’t you think?  Hope my clubbies like today’s card!PCCCS015 Sketch Here’s the sketch for this weeks’ PCCCS015 challenge… you’re getting a sneak peek preview as most our design team members don’t usually post until afternoon!  Hope you’ll play along with us again this week.

By the way… I haven’t forgotten about the blog candy from last week’s post!  All winners will be announced blog wide at 9pm this evening (EDT)… I wish you luck!

I look forward to reading your lovely comments, they really motivate me to keep posting in spite of my really, really busy schedule!

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my online stampin’ Up store  for supplies used in today’s Red, Green, Sparkle and Bling Christmas Card for the PCCCS015 Challenge!

Pin It!

3 comments:

de Ellis said...

Sharon, this is a pretty card - love the DP's layered like that with a touch of bling and ribbon!

ellouise1969 said...

I am a sucker for trad Chrissy colours Sharon. Love the BGS. Bling too....so much to love.

nana_cindy42 said...

Beautiful! Love that it was one of the ones made at class today!