Monday, November 5, 2012

Paradise Revisited, Out of the Box Card

Today’s post features a stamp image I purchased a very, very long time ago in St. Mary’s Georgia.  There used to be a quaint little stamp store just off the main street where you could find unusual stamps and supplies.  The owner was always so warm and welcoming, it was well worth the hour drive to visit!

1.justanotherdayinparadisegtropicalimagecopic

LOL, I had never used this stamp set… just wasn’t sure how to use it or color it!  But a few days ago when I was digging through drawers, I came across it and decided it was time to put ink to stamp!2.tornedgesspongedandcopiccoloredimage

DD is terrified of lizards… that may be part of why I originally purchased this stamp but I doubt it, LOL… I think I was drawn to the casual tropical water scene and sailboat but since I was working full time as a software analyst, I simply had no free time to stamp!

The edges were torn by hand and then sponged using crumb cake ink… all coloring was done using copic markers.  I guess I need a few more green markers… couldn’t quite get the tree to look like I wanted it to.3paradisepartthreespicaglitteredsentiment

While coloring, Jimmy Buffet music played in my head… and the only appropriate sentiment I could come up with was hand penned in blue spica along the bottom edge of the card.  ;)  Just another day in Paradise!

Have you been working on your Paper Craft Crew Challenge this week?  There’s Mega Blog Candy up for grabs and more Read last Wednesday’s PCCCS014 Blog Post for details!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today, I hope you enjoyed my paradise revisited card and look forward to reading your comments!

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my online stampin’ up store for card stock and papers used in today’s Paradise Revisited, Out of the Box Card

Pin It!

1 comment:

nana_cindy42 said...

I really like this stamp and especially your bright & bold coloring!