Thursday, November 1, 2012

Intermittent Blogging, Candy and A Card

It’s been a crazy, crazy week… with unusual weather, freak storms and disasters… on top of which I’ve been working a slew of 6am to 3pm shifts!  Ugh… sorry my blogging has been a bit intermittent… but unlike my friend Eva, I totally recognize the value (and need) for sleep!!

Today’s post is delayed a bit just because…. Just because my very good friend Tee Thompson and I decided it was time for a play date!  Remember those?  LOL  you get the kids together to play and the adults get some face time too?  My kids are grown, and Tee’s kids are getting there… so we left the kids out of it!

So… what do we did we do on our play date?  Mixed Media Canvases of Course!!  Neither of our canvases are complete, although I must tell you Tee’s (Tee Thompson Studio) are much closer to complete than my own… I may be a fast stamper but she’s one of the worlds’ fastest painters (with the aid of a blow dryer)!  So it will be a while before you see my newest mixed media projects… but I bet Tee’s artistic canvases show up on the internet much sooner!

The play date, like sleep was much needed as a creativity boost… nothing like making a total mess with a friend who likes to make a total mess too!  But now I’m tired and must make dinner for DH!  I apologize for my intermittent blogging…. this crazy work schedule is kicking me right in the pants!1patchworkchristmastreesinthreessharonfield

Did you read yesterday’s post (Wednesday) for the Paper Craft Crew Challenge?  The design team is sponsoring a blog tour and giving away MEGA blog candy!!  There’s also a BIG GRAND PRIZE available on the Paper Craft Crew blog!!   Be sure to visit the team blog or read Wednesday’s PCCCS014 Post for details!  It’s a real WOW opportunity!

The stamps used on today’s CAS Christmas card share are stampin’ up.  The Christmas Tree is from a retired stamp set called “Festive Friends” and colored using Copic Markers.3.merrychrstmaspetitepairssentimentalongedge

  The “Merry Christmas” sentiment is from the Petite Pairs Stamp Set and stamped using Cherry Cobbler ink.  Pretty Polka Dot Parade Designer Series Paper brightens up the color palette and papers used:  Old Olive, Whisper White and Cherry Cobbler!

I really hope you’ll play along with this week’s PCCCS challenge… the design team put a LOT of work into their samples!  Please be sure to leave a comment on their blogs too!  I had planned on adding a link list here for your convenience… but the complete list is on the Paper Craft Crew challenge blog… and at the end of the day, life is too short…

DON’T forget to vote!!

Hugs,
Sharon

Shop my online stampin’ up store for SUM supplies used in today’s card share!  And big hugs for supporting my SU business ;)  I really appreciate all of you!

Pin It!

4 comments:

Donna said...

These little Christmas trees are adorable, Sharon! They look so happy and festive, like they are saying, "Is it here yet? Is it time yet?" Really cute card.

ellouise1969 said...

Love the ecclectic tress on this Sharon. Very funky
I get together for big girl play dates with my crafty friends...I love it....quite often their kids and my kids go nuts whilst we create....it's the perfect day!!

Shannon said...

Oh this is Fabulous Sharon!! Love the Sweet Christmas trees and Fab layout too! So Festive and Cheery! Love it! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Katie said...

This card is so cute! I love the trees :) I also like the touch of yellow in a Christmas card :)