Saturday, November 24, 2012

Countdown to Christmas… Santa’s Face!

There’s just something about Santa…. the twinkle in his eye, his smiling and knowing face… what is it?  LOL, I’ve always loved the holidays and enjoyed the whimsy of Santa too!1.prettysantafacewithtwinkleeyedetailsfield

I have picked up this stamp so many times… but ended up putting it back on the shelf at my local hobby and craft store, LOL… until the other day.  I think the reason I kept putting it back down was because I wasn’t sure how I would use the Santa face image by Hampton Arts.  But, it finally came to me!2.blushblossomandsoftsuedecoloredsanta

Santa’s face has a rather vintage feel, so after stamping with soft sued ink, the edges were torn and sponged using marina mist ink and a stampin’ sponge wedge. 
His face was colored using a blush blossom marker, gold dazzle marker, white gel pen, bashful blue and his eyes were colored using bashful blue and pacific point markers.3.withatwinkleinhiseyeinthewrongplacesfield

After letting the blush blossom marker dry, I went over some of the areas and shadows with the same marker color to darken and create shadows.  His eyebrows and beard were highlighted using the white gel pen, and a twinkle was added to his eye by placing a bit of glue and dazzling diamonds in the white of his eye.  LOL… that should have been in the blue iris area!!4.glitterbradsaccenttwinklingsantacard

Additional glimmer effects were added using rhinestone basic jewels and glimmer brads.5.spongedandtornedgingwithwhitegelaccents

Today’s Santa Face card was difficult to photograph… the white gel pen scribbles in his beard created a little interest and texture… but are difficult to see in print!

I hope you enjoyed today’s card share… and that you are having a wonderful holiday weekend.  I look forward to reading your comments!

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my Online Stampin’ UP! Store  for most supplies used in today’s…

Countdown to Christmas and Santa’s Face Christmas Card.

Pin It!

No comments: