Sunday, November 4, 2012

Christmas Berries Winking Santa Card

Don’t you love making Christmas Cards?  LOL… by the time Christmas rolls around I may have enough cards to mail one to everyone within a few miles of my home!!

Today’s card features the fabulous but retired winking Santa image.. Gosh, I love this guy, so happy and jolly!

1.winkingsantaandhollycardcreatedbyu

Colored with my copic markers, Santa was fussy cut and popped onto a card stock and designer series paper layered background using stampin’ dimensionals (aka pop dots).

3.WINKINGSANTAanddonotopencutouts

Santa’s face and hat were colored using my copic markers… gosh I wish SU would carry copics don’t you? 

Do not open ‘til Christmas comes from another retired stamp set… LOL I couldn’t put my hands on the More Merry Messages Stamp set at the time so chose to use this fun little stamp.  I have since located the missing stamp set though… and it’s back in it’s proper place in my stampin’ studio!!

3_christmasberriesbeforesignogelpenaccent

The berries were punched from riding hood red card stock using a 3/4” circle punch and then sponged using cherry cobbler ink.  The leaves were created by ‘biting’ a strip of card stock with a larger circle punch (1-1/4”) and then piercing down the center using the essentials paper piercing pack, stampin’ pierce mat and paper piercing tool.

After sponging the edges of the leaves, I thought the berries needed a little something more…

2b_newandimprovedhollyberrieswithgelpen

So I got out the white gel pen and added a comma to each berry… wow, what a difference, right?

I’m off to work this morning… but later this afternoon hope to resume my stampin passion!  We’ve got a Senior Stampin’ Session on Friday and the First Wednesday Card Club will meet next Wednesday as well so I’ve got to get busy designing some new cards for them! 

Have you played along with the Paper Craft Crew Challenge this week?  There’s still time!  Read my PCCCS14 Blog Candy Post for details on how to win my blog candy give-away and a mega prize as well!  Winners will be selected on Wednesday morning!

I look forward to reading your comments! 

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my online stampin’ up store  for most supplies used on today’s Christmas Berries Winking Santa Card!

Pin It!

4 comments:

ellouise1969 said...

Oh snap Sharon....I have such a similar stamp, but sadly you cannot colour my Santa as his hat is solid colour. Love the Copic colouring and the wee holly. Fab card.

Sandi AULT said...

I have been looking for this Santa for a couple of years. It is my Mom's favorite stamp set. An awesome card. Thank you for sharing.

Sandi AULT said...

I love this stamp set, I have been looking for it for a couple of years. An awesome card. Thank you for sharing.

Sudsangel said...

I know this set is retired, but what is the name of the set?? I just HAVE to know...lol!!