Monday, October 1, 2012

Two Cards Fall Re-Do and Summer Flowers

Good Sunday Morning to all of you!  Can you believe this is the first day of October?  In many areas of the country, the weather is beginning to cool… LOL, not so much in Jacksonville, Florida!  In just a few short months the Christmas and holiday season will be upon us all… have you made your Christmas cards yet?

1.dayofgratitudefallcardremake93012

I was cleaning out my collection of older cards and swaps last week and came across a swap I had received during one of the Stampin’ Up! leadership or convention swaps…. not sure which or from whom on some of them as there was no name on many!

This first card is a re-make or re-do of a swap I received.  I liked the details and colors of the card… it was very simple but the edges had become damaged and I decided to update the swap.

2.markercolored_acorn_and_gumballgreen_ribbon

Updating was done by trimming the original full card swap to 3-3/4” x 5”, adding two card stock layers in Cajun craze and soft suede and finally, a tiny bunny eared bow of gumball green stitched ribbon attached with two mini glue dots.

The designer series paper show is now retired and virtually the same effect could be accomplished by sponging the now current comfort cafe designer series paper.  See an example of how that would look in this First Wednesday Club sponged DSP card blog post.  You’ll see that the effect is quite similar.3.spatter_walnut_ink_or_spritzer_with_Sentiment

One of the things I really liked about this swap was the watermark leaf over-stamped with a sentiment from the Day of Gratitude stamp set.  Spattering was probably done with a walnut smooch spritz, but could be accomplished using a mixture of alcohol and re-inker or the spritzer tool and early espresso marker for a current product card WOW.

lovely_hero_arts_prettyinpink_Card_Sharon_Field

This stamp image is from Hero Arts.  I purchased it because I thought it would be fun to color using my copic markers ;) and I was correct!

2.COLORING_THE_fLOWERS_SEPT29CREATEDBYU

Starting with a wash of colorless blender (#0) over the area which is now pink, I then colored the background.  The wash of colorless blender makes it spread more evenly.  While coloring this card, it occurred to me that the same thing MIGHT work the blender pen and stampin’ write markers… will have to try that and let you know if it works out!

3.BUTTONSLIDE-ON-POLKADOT-RIBBON

Just for fun, I added a metallic ribbon slide to polka dot scalloped ribbon in a coordinating pretty in pink color.  This was a little tricky to accomplish, as the slide seemed to want to “park” in an area where the scallops stuck out further than the rounded top and bottom areas of the slide.  To remedy the situation, I simply tucked the edges beneath the slide engaged ribbon (the vertical rectangle of ribbon within the slide).

Got some sad news on Saturday afternoon….  My Grandpa Bob Gooden passed away at the age of 91.  He had been battling illness for a few months, and although sad to see him go we know he is in a better place.  He was such a sweet and kind man of whom I have many fond memories.  God rest his soul.

The First Wednesday Card Club meets again this coming week… which is also a luncheon.  So I’ve got to get busy designing/cutting cards and deciding on a menu for the luncheon!!  My stamp room is such a mess… anyone want to come help me clean my stamp room?  Gosh, it’s a BIG mess!

Thanks for stopping by, I look forward to your comments and appreciate your online orders!

I hope you’ll stop back by tomorrow for a new card share… not sure if I’ll do a series or just a random card… got to stamp now!!

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my online stampin’ up store for supplies used in today’s…

Fall re-do Day of Gratitude Swap Card Update

Stamps:  Day of Gratitude WM 128035 / CM 121148

Papers:  Retired DSP (substitute Comfort Cafe DSP 126898), Cajun Craze 119684, More Mustard 100946, Soft Suede 115318, Early Espresso 119618, Very Vanilla 101650

Inks:  VersaMark 102283, Soft Suede 115318, More Mustard 126964

Terrific Tools:  Color Spritzer Tool 107066, 1-3/4” Scallop Circle Punch 119854, 1” circle punch 119868, 1-1/4” circle punch 119861, Table Top Paper Cutter 106959

Awesome Accessories:  Stampin’ Write Markers 119806, Stampin’ Sponge 101610 (suggested use to change the color of the Comfort Cafe DSP), Gumball Green Stitched Satin Ribbon 126848, Mini Glue Dots 103683, Stampin’ Dimensionals 104430

Techniques:  Spritzer tool, punching, re-make, cards, markers, direct to stamp, sponging, designer series paper

Pin It!

5 comments:

Donna said...

I especially like the coloring in your purple posies, Sharon!

Susan Carlson said...

So sorry to hear about your grandpa. I know he's in a better place now. ... Lovely cards esp. the coloring with copics.

Lisa808 said...

So sorry about your Grandpa.

The pink and purple card is so pretty.

ellouise1969 said...

I love the tones in the 1st card Sharon, but the 2nd image and what you have done with it is delish. I am not usually a pink person, but really like this card. I have a couple of speccy HA stamps and love em to bits!
Sending love, hugs and much warmth re your Grandpa Bob. Rememeber often and share widely his memories and character. ooxx

Cindy Ware said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your Grandpa. I love the 2nd card! Your coloring is beautiful!!!