Monday, October 15, 2012

Twins, Primary Colors and Congrats Card

Two by two… as a recent reader commented… It’s perfect for twins!  Now why didn’t I think of that?   Twins do run in my family, but I wasn’t blessed with a dynamic duo.  That may be a good thing, my first born (DS) was a very, VERY busy toddler! But I thank my readers for their comments and suggestions and will certainly keep this solo stamp in mind if I hear of anyone having twins!

1.congratsbabycardprimarycolors_sfield

Primary colors in Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive were the chosen card stocks for today’s card share.  Primary colors make a really fun baby card don’t you think?2.twobytwo_arkimage_1012_copics_Sfield The dynamic duos aboard the two by two ark were colored using my Copic Markers.  Copic Markers are Alcohol based and blend so smoothly… sure wish SU would jump on the ark!3.fivebradswithperfectplacement_Sharonfield My initial thought was to add just three brads to the upper right corner and real red card stock… but the spacing would have been too wide imo… so I added five perfectly placed and color coordinated brads using the essentials paper piecing pack and paper piercing tool. 

Speaking of paper piercing, don’t you just love the new essentials paper piercing packs?  LOL… and all the special holiday and die cut matching packs?  Although I love the portability feature of the older paper piercing pack, it was sometimes difficult to line up the piercing lines as you moved the template and mat along the length of the card base.

The new essentials paper piercing pack and stampin’ pierce mat allows you to pierce an entire card-sized span without moving the template or mat… making perfectly aligned brads, faux stitching, etc. easier than ever!4.worththewait_daffodildelightstitchedtaffeta Since the entire card theme was primary colors, it seemed reasonable to include a span of daffodil delight stitched taffeta ribbon across the bottom edge of today’s card share.  The ribbon knot balances brads in the upper right corner of the card and square lattice embossed old olive card stock adds texture and interest to the basic card.  Hope you like it!

Tomorrow I’ll share another oldie but goodie (I think… ) got to work through those 9 images I colored on Saturday ;)  LOL for those who ask if I really get up so early in the morning to write my blog posts… today I did.  I have to be at work early and had to work late last night too…. so today’s post is coming to you almost live!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today… I look forward to reading your comments and hope you’ll continue to follow along with my card adventures!

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my online stampin’ up store  for supplies used in today’s Twins, Primary Colors and Congrats Card Share.

Pin It!

2 comments:

ellouise1969 said...

I think this is a real cute to boot card Sharon, perfect for twins or any baby blessing really. Love the bright and bold statement.

Donna said...

There couldn't be a more perfect image for someone having twins, Sharon! Love all the bright colors and "color blocking". Looks great with the darling coloring in the image.