Tuesday, October 16, 2012

To Russia With Love My Matroyshka Dolls

Recently, a co-worker asked whether I had any Matroyshka doll stamps.  I knew I might (if not sold) have one on in my stash… but couldn’t quite put my hands on it.

That was until last weekend… when I hauled a box of gently used stamps to my craft fair booth…. And there it was!  Happily surprised, I pulled the My Matryoshka stamp set from the “for sale” box and quickly stamped a few images to color while manning the craft fair booth!1.mymatroishkatorussia_sharonfield_1012

The next day, the images I had colored were quickly assembled into cards… this is one of them, featuring just a little bit ‘o bling! 3.matroishkabling_sfield_hello_

Hello from the “lacy and lovely” stamp set was the perfect punched sentiment for today’s To Russia With Love card…. LOL, my co-worker has relatives in Russia and recently attended a family wedding there too.2.2mymatroishkatorussiadolls_sfieldcopic

Matroyshka dolls are nesting dolls, often quite identical until you reach the tiniest doll nested within.  I have a few collectible Santa Claus Matroyshka Dolls, and a few authentic Russian dolls as well… as I’ve always been intrigued by them.

I tried to use bright and bold colors for the matroyshka doll image… and on Monday morning, surprised my co-worker with two hand made cards featuring the lovely fun images.  She tells me they are on their way to Russia with Love… hence the title of today’s blog post!

Tomorrow I’ll share a traditional and current stampin’ up stamp set for the Paper Crafts Crew Sketch challenge!  I hope you’ll stop back by to say hi! 

In the mean time, I look forward to reading your comments and thank you for visiting my blog.

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my online stampin’ up store  for supplies used in today’s To Russia with Love My Matroyshka Dolls Card Share

Pin It!

5 comments:

Ret said...

aw sharon, how cool that is, that they are on their way to Russia. You did a beautiful job on them as usual! Must make you feel good, knowing the are on their way to Russia with love! LOL OMG, I just rembered the google eyes. going to paypal right now. geesh I am so forgetful these days!!!!!!!!! hugs!

Candy said...

I totally LOVE Matroyska dolls! You never disappiont these are lovely! Than you!
Later,
Candy

nana_cindy42 said...

Love this card!! I wanted to get this set before it got retired but of course one can't get all them! lol

ellouise1969 said...

Oh how delightful Sharon...and what a golden 're-find" in your box of stamps!!! Love this card a lot.

Donna said...

Sharon, fabulous design and coloring. I love that bling LOL