Friday, October 5, 2012

Rejoicing With You Embossed Angel Card

Rejoicing With You is one of two Christmas themed stamp sets which I was on the cliff about… not sure if I liked the focal image, but loved the sentiments.  But, needing something fresh to share with my club members, I finally ordered it, and I’m quite happy that I did!

You’ve already viewed two cards made for my senior stampers and club members using this stamp set (view prior CAS Rejoicing With You Angel cards).

Today’s card takes on a different twist, embossing the angel using the new firm foam ink pads and gold embossing powder!

1_angel_embossed_christmas_pitted_sfield

Be of Good Cheer Designer Series Paper is complimented with none other than Gumball Green and Cherry Cobbler Card Stock… LOL, got to love that bright, cheery gumball green!

3_pitting_from_Stamp_Set_And_newestinkpad

The actual angel stamp image is mottled… but not quite as mottled as the one shown here.  The angel was stamped onto gumball green card stock using gumball green ink and the new firm foam pad.  The ink does not dry evenly here in sunny humid Florida… and so I used that to my advantage when embossing with gold embossing powder.  The image became even more mottled than shown in the catalog. 

You can expect much different results if you choose to emboss the angel image using a standard VersaMark ink pad… MUCH different, more even coverage.  BUT… this card was about experimentation and I wanted to see what happened both using green ink, and the firm foam pad!

3_peace_love_joy_sentiment_With_angel

The use of gumball green ink while stamping the sentiment presented interesting results as well… the more mottled and antiqued letters are kind of fun don’t you think?

Thank you for stopping by my little blog… I hope you enjoyed today’s Rejoicing with you embossed angel card, and I look forward to reading your comments!

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my online stampin’ up store for supplies used in today’s…

Rejoicing with you embossed angel card Share

Stamps:  Rejoicing With You WM 126300/ CM 126302

Papers:  Cherry Cobbler 119685, Gumball Green 124840, Be of Good Cheer DSP 126896, Very Vanilla 101650

Inks:  Gumball Green 126861

Terrific Tools:  Heat Tool 129053 , Craft Scissors 108360, Paper Snips 103579, Embossing Buddy 103083

Awesome Accessories:  Gold Embossing Powder 109129, Victoria Crochet Trim 118481, Stampin’ Dimensionals 104430

Techniques:  Firm Foam Pads, Embossing, Fussy Cutting

Pin It!

1 comment:

ellouise1969 said...

It is def a centrepiece card Sharon. So festive and so much fun.