Friday, October 19, 2012

Pretty Polka Dots, Red Glimmer Santa

There’s just “something” about a winking and smiling Santa, don’t you think?   Add a little red glimmer paper and polka dot parade designer series paper… and it’s a really fun Christmas Card!2.jollysanta_polkadotparadeandbling_copicssfield Stitched red grosgrain ribbon and a sentiment complete today’s card share featuring retired Stampin’ Up! Santa image.  This is one I held on to because it makes me smile… and isn’t that what cards should do?

I’m a card architect… I build cards!  So… the Merry Santa image was created and colored before my card was even designed.  As a result I had a bit of void space beneath the image, which was easily remedied using a big shot die cutting machine and square lattice embossing folder… here’s a close up…3.hollyjolly_sentiment_christmas_oclt13_sfield This “Merry Christmas” sentiment was borrowed from the current “Come to Bethlehem” stamp set… and it’s just the right size to punch out using the Modern Label Punch!  The punched sentiment was attached to the card base and ribbon using stmapin’ dimensionals.  Be sure to have the dimensionals engage the card stock surface as well as the ribbon to prevent the sentiment from flopping or moving!3.santaupcloseandpersonal_copiccolored Practice, practice, practice…. that’s how you get better at anything isn’t it?  I’ve been practicing coloring skin tones, and really like the results shown here on Santa’s smiling face!  His rosy cheeks and lips are just the right shade, LOL just as I remember them from my child hood days!

Thank you for stopping by my blog today… I look forward to reading your comments!

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my online stampin’ up store for many supplies used in today’s Pretty Polka Dots, Red Glimmer Paper Santa Card.

Pin It!

3 comments:

Donna said...

Those colors look great together, Sharon. I hadn't thought of using them like that. Love those sparkles on each side!

ellouise1969 said...

What a jolly and oh so delightful card Sharon. Yes...the image made me smile instantly!! Love hoe you have coloured him and the polka dots are always so much fun.

nana_cindy42 said...

Love it! You're right, there IS something enduring about a smiling, winking Santa!