Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Paper Craft Crew Sketch - Ho Ho Ho!

Welcome back!  Today’s Paper Craft Crew Challenge Sketch said “Merry Christmas” to me… LOL, then just about any sketch can scream Merry Christmas to me!1.pccs012_sfield_blog_101012 Today’s card was created with the help of two mini catalog stamp sets:  Joyous Celebrations from page 7, and the Christmas Wishes hostess stamp set from page 39 along with the Snow Festival Designer Series Paper Pack (page 10) and complimentary card stock colors.pcccs12_Sharon_field Santa Claus in a hot air balloon… what’s not to like?  The image was stamped using a newer cherry cobbler firm foam ink pad… which, btw needs to be re-inked soon!  So glad I purchase re-inkers with all my stamp pads!!  They come in handy to re-ink both pads and markers, but are also quite useful for a variety of ink techniques!  One of my favorite re-inker techniques is the Shimmer Your Ink Pads Technique which combines re-inkers and champagne shimmer paint for a phenomenally sparkly effect!2.PCCS012_SFIELD_joyandribbonwithbling Joy with a little bling and ribbon…it’s turned sideways so that I didn’t have to share a HUGE photo.  LOL, when you see the challenge sketch, you’ll see why I added the bling-ed ribbon next to the stamped and punched joy image.3.pccs012_sharonfield_arowofredbling Along the bottom edge, a scrap of designer series paper was added along with rhinestones for more bling.  The rhinestones were colored using a standard household sharpie marker, and then lifted with the tips of my snips to place perfectly on the dsp intersecting printed lines.PCCCS12_Sharon_Field_on_Createdbyu Today’s sketch also features a lovely single loop bow and brads or punches.  Won’t you play along with the design team?  I really like this sketch and just may have to make another card using it this week! 

To play along with the design team this week, simply create a card or scrapbook project featuring today’s PCCCS012 challenge sketch.  Once you’ve photographed it, upload to your personal blog or an online gallery such as splitcoaststampers, stampin’ addicts, photobucket, or flickr using the key word PCCCS012.  Then, visit the Paper Crafts Crew Challenge Blog to add the URL of your creation! 

I look forward to reading your comments, and thank you for stopping by my blog!  Hope you’ll check out tomorrow’s post too!

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my Online stampin’ up store for supplies used in today’s Paper Craft Crew Sketch Challenge Ho Ho Ho! Card!

Pin It!

1 comment:

ellouise1969 said...

I am glad you reminded me where the main image was fm...LOL! V cute card Shaon indeed. I have found that the new foam pads do need reinking very regularly. tThe price you pay for even coverage I guess.