Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Paper Craft Crew Blog Candy Tour… WOW!

Welcome… I’ve been hinting at this all week long… and today is the day for the big reveal!  The Paper Craft Crew Challenge group is hosting a Blog Candy Tour!  Are you ready to WIN?  This week, the challenge team will be hosting blog candy at each stop along the way AND Blog Candy doesn’t just stop there!  A GRAND PRIZE will also be given away at the Paper Craft Crew challenge blog too! 

As in all of life, there are rules… and although they may vary from site to site, I only have two rules… scroll down to the bottom of today’s post to read the real rules!

PCCCS014_on_createdbyu_blogspot

Doing things a bit differently today… here’s the inspiration piece aka sketch.. isn’t it fun?  Don’t you want to play along?  I KNOW you want to earn blog candy!!350

1.pcccs014_sfield_on_createdbyu_blogspot AND… here’s my card!  As soon as I saw today’s sketch, I knew I wanted to use the newest holiday catalog itty bitty punch pack on my card! 

2.strungornaments_ittybittypack_sfieldpccs014

Aren’t they fun?  Punched ornaments are strung along a stretch of cherry cobbler and whisper white bakers’ twine.  Each ornament was punched from Snow Festival Designer Series Paper and then attached to the bakers’ twine using the small pieces cut from the edges of stampin’ dimensionals (aka 'pop dots’).

3.sparklingsilverstarscreatedbyublogspot

The small star was punched from Silver Glimmer Paper, glued DTP (direct to paper) using Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive after piercing with a paper piercing tool and adding a Garden Green Rich Regals Brad.4.moremerrymessagessentimentingumballgreen

Mirroring the Glimmer Paper and brad star on the More Merry Messages sentiment was done to hide a smudge of ink, LOL… I’m all about creative solutions for what others may call failure or mistakes!  A pretty ‘bunny eared bow is turned sideways across the stretch of Very Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon just for fun, AND to honor the bow defined by today’s Paper Craft Crew Challenge Sketch!

Be of Good Cheer DSP was cut for the background piece… suggested in the sketch to be a top note die cut from the big shot die-cutting machine…. LOL, I made today’s sketch card in 15 minutes after getting home from working a 6am-4pm shift!!  Luckily the sketch and my card were already in my head so it was really easy peasy!

Did you notice the small strip of DSP layered with Garden Green card stock along the bottom edge of the sentiment?  It was a tiny scrap I cut off from the piece behind the sentiment… and thought it would look pretty cool beneath the sentiment!  LOL, talk about using scraps effectively… I’m there… and you?

And… you’ve been reading, or scrolled down for this info!  Here are the rules for this week’s Paper Craft Crew Challenge!

    1. You must leave a comment on my blog describing at least one of the benefits of participating in the paper craft crew challenges.  (Examples:  “Doing the paper craft crew challenge really stimulates my creativity!”  AND/OR  “I just love the Paper Craft Crew sketches!” etc…  are good examples.)
    2. You must participate in the PCCS014 challenge and include a link to the URL of your challenge submission.  The URL can be a specific blog post, a specific gallery post to splitcoaststampers, stampin’ addicts, etc… or an online gallery with an image specific URL for Flickr, Photobucket, etc.)

I know… this requires a lot of action on your part… LOL but believe, me this tour’s blog candy and grand prize are well worth the effort!

I look forward to reading your comments on today’s post, the paper craft crew challenges and wish you luck on ALL the blog candy prizes, mine included!!

BTW… my blog candy prize is the “Blessings From Heaven” Clear Mount Stamp Set AND the “Holiday Frames” Textured Impressions Embossing Folder”… a duplicate I just happened to receive in the main yesterday! 

I know the other Paper Craft Crew DT members are offering some WONDERFUL Blog candy too… be sure to visit the Paper Craft Crew Challenge  site to visit each and every design team blog this week…. Each Design team member including the founders circle members are shown visually in the side bar, and I KNOW they love comments just like me :)  YOU REALLY WANT TO WIN… be sure to participate this week!  Blog Candy winners will be announced next week on the PCCCS015 challenge post (Next Wednesday)…. be sure to check it out!!

Thanks for stopping by, I look forward to reading your comments and wish you luck in my Blog Candy Drawing and the Grand Prize Blog Candy Drawing as well!

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my online stampin’ up store for supplies used in today’s Paper Craft Crew Design  Team Challenge!

Pin It!

15 comments:

Jenn Ward said...

Love the glimmer stars on the chery cobbler, and love the bow! This is a great card design for my upcoming class - thanks!

Pam said...

Sharon, I just love your card and am so glad you are a member of the TEAM! Thanks for being so supportive. I'm looking forward to seeing submissions and giving away stuff! ~ Pam

Janet Marks said...

Awesome card, Sharon. Love all the textures.

ellouise1969 said...

Awesome card Sharon. LURVE the wee "lights" so clever. I have not done a PCC Challenge, but I guess if I do undertale this one my comfort zone will def be exceeded...LOL!!! I hope you get a massive response to your candy.

Diana said...

What an aawesome card. Just lovely and very inspiring. I just love the PCC Challenge sketches and try to play along every week ( well but work usualy comes into my way) This weeks sketch is absolutely wonderful and I already have an idea how to use it. Just have to get started...

Nancy Seed said...

Beautiful Sharon. Just joined the PCC site and can't wait to have a try at some of your challenges. Good luck with the new site.

Debby McGillivray said...

Great card. I am hoping I can play along, been spending a lot of time at the care center with my Mom.
I haven't done a PCC as of yet, I do love the sketches though. Hoping I can try this one out and participate.
angel hugs
Debby

Sharon L said...

Sharon, You've got a winner here! The string of lights led me back to my childhood. Thanks for the walk down memory lane.
Sharon L

janice rosenthal rock said...

Adorable!!! This is sooooo cute! Might have to get that punch after all!!

Melissa_Layman said...

I've just discovered the PCC blog and challenges, but I'm inspired to actually use the stuff in my craft room rather than just add to it!

Sandi Dailey said...

Wow Sharon, beautiful card (as always!!). I am so glad you are one of the Paper Craft Crew design team members (but don't know how you get everything done and still have awesome creations!). I've never been to the Paper Craft Crew blog before, but was amazed at all the talented members. I will be doing the Paper Craft Crew challenges because I CAN NEVER resist a challenge!!

Highdesertstamper said...

Very cute!! Great use of BLING!! :)

Carri McMullen said...

Awsome I am so excited to take part in this challenge. Thanks ladies for the inspiration.

Holly Pedersen said...

I love visiting the Paper Craft Crew blog because I know I will get inspiration from the team there. Love your card, it's very cute.

Carolyn L. said...

Hi Sharon, I'm loving the Paper Craft Crew's sketches and have been following and playing along for a few weeks now. Your Christmas card is wonderful and the tiny ornaments make the perfect little banner.