Monday, October 8, 2012

Dynamic Duo Soft and Suede - Two Cards!

Yesterday’s card was a re-do attempt which took a twist into a brief beach vacation… today I’m sharing the original card version and another re-make attempt.  I’m still re-designing the original in my head so you’ll see that one day soon too!

1.woodgrain_circlecut_sympathy_vv_sfield

Inspired by a card made for an Our Creative Corner Challenge, the original card had three panels and was much prettier.  I didn’t want to case it exactly so changed it to two panels and did some other stuff as well.  I’m probably going back to the drawing board on this one, LOL… it’s ok but not as pretty as the original by Sara Gough Here.2_closeup_punched_opening_and_Sentiment_ The colors used on this very monochromatic and simple card include natural composition designer series paper, crumb cake and very vanilla.3_layered_laceandribbon_technique_SfieldAfter layering crumb cake taffeta ribbon onto Victoria Crochet Lace Trim, a knot of the ribbon was added by tying around both layers.

So… changing up the stamps sets, adding layers and using a similar color palette, this was my first re-make.1_softsuede_just_believe_and_stamped_layersThe background was masked and stamped using the en francais large background stamp and crumb cake ink, then stamped twice using the woodgrain stamp and river rock ink.  3._masculine_justbelieve_closeup_stampedlayersAfter stamping the flowers in soft suede, I thought the background still needed a little something-something.  That’s when I inked up the Hello Doily large background stamp using crumb cake ink and added it to the background as well. 2.punchedandlayeredthankyousentiment_1012 The lovely stamped/punched sentiment and flower are from the Lacy and Lovely Stamp set found on page 99 of the big 2012-13 catalog.  There are three simple, short and sweet scripted greetings in the stamp set including Thank You, Miss You and Hello.  The circle images are similar to those in circle circus stamp set also featured on the same page… but in general the stamp set is much more versatile with the three greetings included.

So… why am I playing around with all these drab, dark colors?  LOL could be the colors I’m seeing daily at work… not really!  My First Wednesday Card Club requested we make masculine themed cards next month… and I’m trying to wrap my mind around the masculine card basics.  LOL, I give my DH cards with large pink flowers and he appreciates every one… but I guess not all guys do.

I hope you enjoyed today’s double dip duo…. two cards using similar color palettes.  I’ll bring back some color tomorrow with a new Christmas Holiday Card share!

Thanks for stopping by, I look forward to reading your comments!

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my online stampin’ up store for supplies used in today’s…

Double dip dynamic duo… soft suede monochromatic cards

Stamps:  Card One:  Love and Sympathy WM 122795/ CM 122797; Card Two:  En Francais WM 109521, Woodgrain WM 117100, Lacy and Lovely WM 122885 / CM 122887, Just Believe WM 116948/ CM 120453, Hello Doily WM 122845 / CM 122847

Papers:  Natural Composition Designer Series Paper Pack 126917, Very Vanilla 101650, Soft Suede 115318

Inks:  Crumb Cake 126975, River Rock 126977, Soft Suede 126978

Terrific Tools:  1-3/4” Circle Punch 119850, 1” Circle Punch 119868, Paper Piercing Tool 126189, Craft Scissors (ribbon scissors) 108360, stampin’ pierce mat 126199, paper piercing essentials 126187, Decorative Label Punch 120907

Awesome Accessories:  stampin’ sponge (wedge) 101610, crumb cake taffeta ribbon 122966, Victoria crochet trim 118481, stampin’ dimensionals 104430, Metallic Brads 119741

Techniques:  Sponging, Piercing, Punching, Layering stamped images, Masking

Pin It!

2 comments:

Donna said...

I'm partial to monochromatic cards, Sharon. These are lovely, so serene! My favorite part is the background images used to construct the texture on that back panel. Very pretty!

ellouise1969 said...

Both these cards are delicious Sharon...I esp love the 2nd one....the layered BGS are incredible. LURVE the monochrome feel to bits!!! I am going back to ogle some more.