Saturday, October 6, 2012

Christmas Carols and Polka Dot DSP

As our children grew, as parents we tried to instill a sense of community service and ‘giving back’… we participated in the Salvation Army Giving Tree annually, with each child selecting a child of their own age.  There was a budget and a wish list to consider of course, but the biggest rule was to purchase for this child something that you, yourself would love and/or want the most.  Another activity we participated in was travelling and singing Christmas Carols to shut-ins and nursing home residents. 

Oh yeah… today’s card allows me to reminisce about those days when we spent time and service doing things in our community that made a difference… however small.

One of the ways we stampers make a difference is through World Card Making Day… did you know that it’s today?  Several bloggers will be featuring special cards and ideas throughout  the ‘net today in celebration of this event… here’s my card!

1_copic_Colored_girl_holiday_Sharon_Field

Flashback… and memories…. singing in the snow!!  This stamp is called Christmas Note by Penny Black… I fell in love with the caroling image as soon as I spied it!!  Normally, I’m not drawn to the round faced figures… but the caroling youth struck a chord right through my heart and I couldn’t resist!

2_closeup_copic_colored_holiday_girl_Sharon_Field

Isn’t she too darn cute?  I love the parchment music paper… and polka dot paper reflecting the polka dotted snow surrounding the image, don’t you?

4_six-bradsandglimmerpaper-holiday-sharon-field

These little brads were added to a scrap of silver glimmer paper that I normally would have added to the trash bin!!  LOL… the card just seemed to need a little ‘something extra’…. and glimmer paper bling seemed to do the job!  The teeny tiny brads were small enough not to overwhelm the card, yet add a little something-something.  What do you think?

3_gumballgreendoubleloopbowsharonfield

After toying with tying a simple knotted bow, I decided a double loop bow tied on my fingers was more appropriate for today’s copic colored Christmas Carol card!  The gumball green stitched satin ribbon added a pop of color not found elsewhere on the card for a fun little twist!

5_coloringthelanternholidaysharonfield_

The lantern was colored leaving a light source… wish I had added more veining to the leaves but LOL the card has not left the house yet so that could happen!!! :) 

6_dimensionalview-holidaycopiccoloredcardsharonfield

There is some dimensionality to today’s card… the focal image was layered onto cherry cobbler and marina mist card stock from stampin’ up.  The greeting “Happy Christmas” comes from the stampin up stamp set called “more merry messages”… one of my new favorites.  After punching out the sentiment, a little glimmer paper was added to the background for a pop of bling.

Well… it’s been a crazy busy week in my household… hope your life is less complicated :)  And I hope you are well, and finding time to use your stamps, paper and ink :)

I hope you’ll stop back by tomorrow for a new project and/or card share… I really do love reading your comments!

Big Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my online stampin’ up store  for papers, designer series paper and the more merry messages stamp set used in today’s copic colored Christmas carol and polk a dot dsp card share!

Pin It!

2 comments:

Donna said...

LOL! could she be any sweeter? (wish I had her hair) very cute card, Sharon!

ellouise1969 said...

Waaayyy cute card Sharon...and yes the image is delish. I really must start my Chrissy cards!! Love how u have used scraps to embellish. A lady after my ownheart!! Lotsa layers tho!! :)