Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Celebrate The Happy New Year DYSU 94

When you first look at a stamp image, does something spring to mind?  That’s what happened to me when I first spotted today’s stamp image in a bargain/sale bin at a local craft and hobby store! 

When I saw the Stampendous image, I thought it was a clearanced New Years’ image that would be a lot of fun to color!  LOL… then I saw the name of the stamp was actually “Halloween Magic.  Oops!  I did color the image in standard black/purple Halloween colors to make a card… which was featured in a post about a month ago (Click Halloween Magic Card HERE).  But then I had to color it as my original interpretation for New Years too!1_stampendous_halloweenmagic-newyearscard  And… then made a card for this week’s vintage challenge at Do You Stack Up (DYSU #94).  Hope they like my little card!2_silverglimmer_and_BurlapRibbon_accentsThe ribbon banner across the middle of today’s Celebrate the Happy New Year card is actually combined layers of silver glimmer paper, burlap wired ribbon, and Basic Black Scallop Dots Ribbon. 

Although I didn’t have a “happy new year” stamp, I did find celebrate in the Friendly Phrases stamp set from Stampin’ Up!  I’ll keep looking for a suitable “happy new year” stamp image for a future card too ;)3_halloweenmagic_ny_face_andspicaglimmer Her face was colored using several copic markers, and E04 for shading too… Just for fun Clear Spica was added to the hat band and lips and then a gold spica pen was used to color and trace mask ribbons and baubles, her belt and the cog in her hat band.4._embossedcs_and_glimmerbrad_accents_slf Brushed Gold card stock was embossed using a big shot machine and lacy brocade folder, then sanded to give it a velvety effect.  LOL… debated adding gold glimmer brads but then settled on black as the contrast had more impact or so I thought!5_triple_loop_button_bow_accent_hmny_slfApplied clear spica to her lovely shoes, and then finished off the card with a triple loop button bow.  The crystal button doesn’t show up too well in the photo, but really sparkles against the ribbon!6_hmny_goldspicaglitteraccentsondressandwatch  LOL… got a little carried away with the gold and clear spica markers, added some to the fur on her dress, the watch and her eyes too!

So many interruptions today!  LOL… trying to edit the photos and format my post and some guy dressed in a striped shirt and gray pants with no name badge knocks on my door holding some kind of pamphlet!!  I tapped my finger against the glass and pointed at the “NO Solicitors” sign and he rang the doorbell AGAIN!!  Guess the guy couldn’t read because he then walked around to the side door and rang that doorbell too!  So… there’s this sign on my door and signs at every entrance to my development but the guy’s still walking up and down the street bugging people, no car in sight.  The last thing I want to do on my day off is talk to some unwelcome solicitor… whatever his reason!   Now if it was a kid selling candy, my DH would be the first one to answer the door!!

I’m getting bored with my stamp collection… that usually doesn’t happen until March or April!  Looking for inspiration on a time budget of 30 seconds or less, life is crazy! 

But.. I want to thank you for stopping by my blog today… your visits and comments keep me going! 

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my online stampin’ up store  for most supplies used in today’s “celebrate the Happy New Year”  DYSU #94 card.

Pin It!

6 comments:

Donna said...

Love all the details to your card, Sharon, right down to her shoes. It's the small things which add up and make a card so fabulous, isn't it? Thanks for sharing how you made the card

Wenche Pettersen said...

Wonderful card. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

nana_cindy42 said...

Love it!! The stamp is so cute! And your coloring is fabulous!

ellouise1969 said...

I am in awe of all the fine details Sharon. Love the triple bow and the sanded background. Just beautiful.

Jan Garber said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous! Having recently served as a Stampendous Blog Star I can honestly say you used this stamp in a very creative way! Thanks for joining us at DYSU! Good luck on winning some new images!

Rebecca Denhollander said...

Wonderful card, Thanks for playing along with DYSU.