Sunday, October 21, 2012

Another Blue Santa - Kris Kringle Rides

Along one twelve foot wall of my great room, there is a custom built floor to ceiling cabinet.  The top shelf of the upper half is home to a unique Santa collection, housed behind glass doors.  It all began with a handmade clay figurine purchased from a local artist in Saylorsburg, Pennsylvania.  Intricate details on the gift  bearing red Santa figurine include a nap sack brimming over with teeny tiny toys.

This retired Kris Kringle image reminds me of that particular hand made piece… not just the toy sack, but the details and playfulness of the image itself.  1.poolpartysanta_rockingaway_sfield_1012copic

Most of the Santa figurines in my collection bear traditional colors of Red and Green… but there are a few treasured images in blue.  I’ve always loved blue Santa’s!  They seem to blend right into the wintery landscape, don’t you think? 2._rockinsanta_sentiment_Sfield_oct12

The Merry Christmas sentiment was borrowed from the Come to Bethlehem stamp set… it’s just the right size to punch using a Modern Label Punch.  LOL… did you notice the other day that I posted the sentiment to this card vs... the one I was sharing… Oops, got to go fix that now!!3.rockinbluesanta_1012_sfield_copiccolored

Santa, reindeer and toy sack were colored using Copic and Spica Markers.  Spica markers contain glittery glass and sparkle beyond your imagination!  I only have a few and need to round out my collection, LOL… Isn’t that how it always goes?4.copiccoloredsanta-rockinghorse_sfield1012

The rim along the toy drum, for instance was colored using a gold spica marker… as were the gold stars on Santa’s hat and coat.  Speaking of Santa, I love the rosiness of his cheeks, don’t you?

Tomorrow I’m sharing a newer stamp set (current in the idea book and catalog)… I’m sure you’re probably tired of me playing with all the retired stamp sets!

Thanks for stopping by, I look forward to reading your comments!

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my online stampin’ up store for supplies used in today’s… Another Blue Santa Kris Kringle Rides a Rocking Horse Christmas Card Share!

Pin It!

3 comments:

ellouise1969 said...

How delightful Sharon. The image is GORJUS and coloured so beautifully. The card is magical....LURVE the blues.

nana_cindy42 said...

I love this even though I tend to prefer traditional Christmas colors. But blue is really nice, too. In fact it's really beautiful and so is your coloring! Nice work!

Donna said...

Sharon, SUPER cute image - so sweet! Love the soft colors you've selected - very fun and happy!