Friday, September 21, 2012

Vintage, Precious SU: Kris Kringle

How old are your stamps?  Every now and then I go through my old stamps and get rid of those which I have outgrown.  LOL, don’t think I’ll ever outgrow this vintage Stampin’ Up! stamp set though!  The Kris Kringle six piece stamp set made it’s debut and departure in the 2003-2004 Idea Book and Catalog… and for me it was love at first sight!Sharon_Field_09202012_Kris_Kringle There’s something about blue Santa’s!!  The cool, crisp and festive winter image reminds me of modern holidays past… and International Santa figurines, some of which reside on the top shelf of my built in china closet.  I used to collect hand made Santa figurines… but now the top shelf of the 12 foot cabinet is full!spica_and_copic_colored_by_Sharon_Field The focal image was colored with an assortment of Copic Markers and Spica Pens… and is another image I colored during the girls’ get away weekend with my friend Karen.  Both Karen and I received our Intermediate Copic Certification this weekend and are now certified to teach Copic Marker Techniques.  Of course, SU won’t allow me to post my certification button on my blog… and sadly they don’t carry these types of marker either!

napsack_santa_and_Glitter I’m totally new to Spica glass glitter pens… wow!  This photo cannot even begin to showcase the glitter and glow achieved using the Spica pens!  LOL, must have had my head in a hole when they hit the local craft store shelves!dsp_and_Bow_092012_Sfield   Actually, I rarely go to the local craft stores since my SU product is delivered to my doorstep!  I find just about everything I need is carried by SU… with a couple of exceptions, and not going to the craft store keeps me right on budget too!

There will always be exceptions though… and there are always workarounds too,.  It was so much fun to spend a weekend learning new stuff… and to play with some of my favorite albeit retired Stampin’ Up! Images!! 

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed today’s vintage Kris Kringle card share and thanks a bunch for your online orders too!

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my online stampin’ up! store for most supplies featured in today’s Vintage and Precious Kris Kringle Christmas  Card!

Pin It!

3 comments:

Jonia said...

How cool is this. Love the blue.

Sandi AULT said...

Spica Pens are the best!! Love them, as well as Copic. Love the card and I am sure the glitter is great. Have a good weekend.

Pam said...

Congradulations on becoming a Copic Intermediate Certified Designer. You should be able to put that badge on your blog. It shows you have received additional training in the papercraft industry. I too have taken the courses. If I had a blog, those badges would be along side My MDS Badge. You have taken the training and understand how Copics compare to Stampin' Up products. No, you can not have this on your store site.. But you can let readers know you have the training and knowledge on how stampin up products are different and when you might want to use Copics with our images. You neither sell their products or work for them do you?