Thursday, September 20, 2012

Pretty Poinsettia A Christmas Blessing

Wow… finally got some time to stamp and color!!  Remember when you were a little kid, sitting and coloring for hours?  That’s what last weekend was like!  My old friend Karen Potts and I spent a whole weekend coloring!   LOL… then I had to come back home to reality and clean house!

Today’s card share features the Christmas Blessings and More Merry Messages stamp sets from Stampin’ Up!   I chose unusual colors for my Christmas card… Pool Party, Whisper White, Real Red and Basic Black… Hope you like it!

Pretty_poinsettia_christmas_Sharon_Field

The background was embossed using a lovely new embossing folder from the mini catalog named “Lacy Brocade”… Isn’t it elegant? 

The pretty paper doily was die cut using my big shot die-cutting machine and the perfect shim kit… which SU will no longer allow me to sell as a ‘competitive product’… for what??  Don’t get me started… it is what it is.

Colored_and_Grounded_Poinsettia

Three basic black (neutral) brads were positioned perfectly using my stampin’ pierce mat, essentials paper piercing pack and paper piercing tool… leaving two empty spaces or ‘holes’ between each.  I thought the black brads balanced the die-cut paper doily anchoring the bottom edge of the focal image.

The pretty poinsettia was colored using Copic markers and the feather blending technique and was colored at my weekend get-away with my friend Karen.

many_merry_Msgs_sentiment_S_Field

The sentiment was stamped in basic black ink, punched using the scallop oval punch  and sponged along the outer edges using a stampin’ sponge wedge and pool party ink.  Two stampin’ dimensionals were placed under the “C” in Christmas, and one beneath the right side of the punched sentiment to balance the sentiment with the popped focal image.

After spending a weekend away from home, it was time to make a nice dinner for DH… who for the past two weeks has been cooking for me due to my busy/crazy schedule :)  Today I made Dutch Oven pork chops with cinnamon apples, rice, and sautéed tender tiny green beans with garlic and pepper for dinner…  LOL, he’s happy!

Hope you’ll stop back by tomorrow when I share a vintage stampin’ up image and another beautiful Christmas card…. I think you’ll like it!

Thanks in advance for your online orders from my stampin’ up store!  I truly appreciate your orders and helping me meet goals!

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my online stampin’ up store for most supplies used in today’s Pretty Poinsettia A Christmas Blessing Card Share

Pin It!

3 comments:

lisa808 said...

Your coloring looks fabulous and your dinner sounds delicious!

nana_cindy42 said...

Very pretty! And, yes, the coloring is fabulous!!!

ellouise1969 said...

We have 2 poinsettia bushes right outside out front door and when in full bloom they are magnificent!! This card is such a wonderful reminder Sharon. Love it.