Friday, September 28, 2012

Kidoodles Congrats: Blue Whale Glimmer

Wrapping up a fun week with the cute family friendly

Kidoodles stamp set from Stampin’ Up!  Today’s card is a congratulations card featuring the whale image from Kidoodles!

whaleforyou_and_mixedmedley_medallion

Looking at the card now, it occurs to me that I should have cut a wavy line in the marina mist and island indigo background card stock!  The scallop punched edge is fun… but wouldn’t a wave with a bit of glimmer be fun?  Maybe next time!

mixed_medley_for_you_layered_Medallion

For you and this fabulous fun 1-1/4” scallop punched circle are from the Mixed Medley Hostess Stamp set.  Layered together using stampin’ dimensionals aka “pop dots” and attached to a ribbon of designer series paper, it resembles a blue ribbon… appropriate I thought for a congratulatory card.  What do you think?

whale_glimmer_and_scalloped_Border

The whale and water were colored using bashful blue and marina mist ink and a blender pen.  I used to reach for my aqua painter first thing when coloring images like this whale… but these days, I prefer the blender pen as it provides me much more control over blending the colors on an image.

LOL, hope you’re not sick and tired of the Kidoodles stamp set… I’ve got one more card to share, and it’s the first time I’ll have used this particular image.  Can you guess which one it is ;)?  I hope you’ll stop back by tomorrow to see my last Kidoodles card of the week!

Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate your lovely comments and online orders!

Hugs,

Sharon

Technorati Tags: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Pin It!

4 comments:

Donna said...

Sparkly and Cute!

Anne from France said...

Fabulous card! I love the way you have used the embossing folders torepresent waves and water drps! Clever! Super colour combo too! Just wished I could get the Kidoodles here! TFS!

ellouise1969 said...

I love the cool soothing blues Sharon. The whale is very cute indeed. I am a total sucker for the EF you have used!!! My fave by far ATM.

nana_cindy42 said...

No way am I tired of the Kidoodles images! I love 'em all! Love the arrangement and colors of this card.