Sunday, September 23, 2012

Halloween Magic and Mystery

Got to get back to my stamp room!!  Today I’m sharing one more image colored last weekend post copic certification!  This image caught my eye immediately and was found in the bargain bin at local big box craft store!  Although I rarely purchase stamps other than Stampin’ Up! I couldn’t resist this pretty Halloween Magic Mystery Princess!

1

Isn’t it fun?  Background card stock was embossed using the big shot die cutting machine and lacy brocade embossing folder from the current mini catalog.  I think the image would also make a great New Years’ card, LOL… so I added a “celebrate” sentiment instead of “Happy Halloween”.2

I got a bit carried away with the spica pens, adding brown glitter to her hair, and both clear and green to her eyes.  LOL, a little red to her lips too.  I’m new to sculpting faces using markers.. and haven’t done that many faces, but I think she turned out ok, what do you think?

3

The watch clock was given a bit of sparkle too… and her dress.  The white flecks of light you see are all spica glitter.4

Just a tiny bit of shading on her shoes made them really pop out!  Not wanting to cover up her dress or shoes, I scored the basic black card stock and folded it back on top of the sentiment.  The basic rhinestone was colored using a sharpie marker, although I’m told they have more light and translucency when colored with copic markers… will have to try that too!5

Had to add a little SU! Sparkle to today’s card… champagne glimmer paper and black glitter brads did the trick!  The ‘v’ in the end of the glimmer paper was cut using paper snips and eyeballing the middle and angle.  I usually measure up/across to find the exact middle position or use a square punch to cut the v… but didn’t have time today!

I’m looking forward to reading your comments… and today I’ve scheduled stamping time.. yeah!!  So it’s back to the stamp table and my stampin’ up! stash… After I clean off my workspace!

Thanks for stopping by, and thanks for your support and online orders!

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my online stampin’ up! store for most supplies used in today’s Halloween Magic and Mystery Copic Colored Card!

Pin It!

4 comments:

Conniestamps123 said...

Great job Sharon. I love the look. My niece Julia has been using these pens for years and I'm always amazed at the dimension they add when coloring. Have a super week.

Donna said...

She is darling, Sharon, and brilliantly colored. Such a sparkly card!

nana_cindy42 said...

This is beautiful, Sharon! Love your coloring and the added sparkle!

ellouise1969 said...

I am spellbound by this image Sharon...she is GORJUS!!! Your colouring is amazing and I love the sparkle you have used.