Do you have your mini catalog handy? Turn to page 8…. and look in the upper right corner! LOL, it took me three trips through the mini catalog to find the name of the new Flourish Designer Frames used in today’s card share!! Two other new products are being showcased as well… the gold dazzle marker and Snow Flurry Bigz Die. Hope you like it!!
Not sure why I selected the Concord Crush card stock for today’s card… but I thought the deep, rich purple color was a perfect contrast to the bright whisper white, brushed silver and brushed gold card stock!
The snow flurry snowflake die cuts were made from brushed gold card stock and then layered with itty bitty punch pack flowers, circle and scallop punches. The tiny 1-1/4” scallop punch in the background serves as a base for my layered snowflake and can be found on page 7 of the current mini catalog as well.
Stampin’ Dimensionals (aka ultra thin pop-dots) were used to layer the card stock die cuts and punches together, and the perfect polka dots embossing folder was used to emboss the concord crush card stock layer.
Now… isn’t this cool? LOL… I had a silver and gold card so I really NEEDED to modify the Flourish Designer Frame to coordinate with the card stock colors! Want to know what I did? LOL… it is NOT gold embossing powder!!
Supplies you’ll need to emboss your flourish designer frame to a two-toned gold/silver look:
- Embossing Buddy
- Flourish Designer Frame
- Gold Stampin’ Dazzle Marker
- Clear Embossing Powder
- Heat Tool
- Grid Paper
- Paper Piercing Tool
Step - By - Step
- Powder inside edges of frame using the embossing buddy, on the areas you want to keep the original silver color.
- Use the gold stampin’ dazzle marker to color the part of the frame you want to make gold.
- Cover with clear embossing powder. (Or you could use gold:)
- Place the embossing powder covered flourish designer frame on a stack of grid paper (or something to protect your table top surface).
- Hold in place using a paper piercing tool inserted through one of the tiny holes in the frame.
- Heat using a heat tool.
Hope you enjoyed today’s snow flurry snow flake card and dazzle embossing technique! I look forward to reading your comments!
See you tomorrow with a brand new exclusive fall card… I think you’re really going to like this one!
SharonTechnorati Tags: Dazzle Marker,Snow Flake,Christmas,catalog,Flourish Designer Frames,card maker,new products,Bigz,Concord Crush,Stampin,Frame,Supplies,Buddy,Clear,Grid Paper,Paper,technique