Monday, August 6, 2012

Well.. It’s a Card!!

OMG… it has been a crazy couple of weeks!!  I’ve been unpacking boxes, cleaning windows and hanging stuff right and left!  Both brain and body are totally fried… like an egg on the summer sidewalk… or so the saying goes!

And so… in today’s post I must first apologize… I truly didn’t have enough energy to stamp yesterday!!  It’s just been one of those months, and although I really prefer to be busy and moving… perhaps I’m not quite used to this much moving, LOL! vellum cardstock embossed with holday frame

Isn’t this fun?  LOVE, LOVE the new champagne glimmer paper don’t you?  Here, I’ve paired it with natural composition designer series paper (DSP) for a fun collage of fall leaves.naturals composition dsp and champagne glimmer ppr

The wood-grain pattern from natural composition DSP was used to die cut two maple leaves using my big shot machine and Autumn Accents Bigz Die.woodgrain pattern and reverse with emboss resist stamping

The reverse side also has a faint resist pattern (aka embossed texture)… so when I stamped it using crumb cake ink and the En Francais large format background stamp, not all the script set… the embossed area resisted the ink and it became kind of a swirly, blowing wind pattern.  Kind of interesting, isn’t it?HAND CUT BANNER THINKING Of YOU

The sentiment was stamped onto very vanilla card stock using soft suede ink and then cut into a banner shape.use bone folder to curl banner

I used a bone folder to gently curl the card stock and stamped sentiment in the middle of the banner and then attached stampin’ dimensionals at either end, positioning them a bit closer together so the banner wouldn’t lie quite flat.from the holiday mini catalog 2012

LOL, in the online demonstrator groups and at my senior stamping meeting several people asked about the holiday frame folder…. Mostly WHY is it called holiday frame??  If you peer closely at the embossed pattern, it will reveal snowflakes, holly, ornaments and even this Christmas Tree!two markers used to color the acorn, then popped!

The acorn was colored using soft suede and chocolate chip markers… and then the bottom portion was outlined using the darker marker too… I thought it gave a little dimension… what do you think?

As a finishing touch, a bunny ear bow was tied using crumb cake seam binding and attached to the card using glue dots.I know you’re going to ask… I’m not relocating, and still here where you like to come, LOL not doing all this at my home (although I should…right?)

So.. this post is a day late… Sorry Esther! Just couldn’t pull it together when I got home last night.. but I promise to be back on track in the near future, I know your coffee tastes better with a current blog post!!

LOL.. need some sleep Smile hope you’re not working too hard!

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my online stampin up store for supplies used in today’s Card!!

Pin It!

3 comments:

Cindy Ware said...

Very nice card. And, yes, the champagne glimmer paper IS beautiful!!! Take care of yourself and try not to get 'burned out'. HUGS!

Sharonrwinter said...

I like the card, but I believe those are oak leaves, not maple!

Mary said...

I loved seeing how you used this new embossing folder, glitter paper, and leaves! The cute little acorn is great too :-) Mary