Friday, August 31, 2012

Step It Up… One Card Two Ways Christmas!

This weekend, I’m featuring One basic Card design, and a stepped up version of the same!  One card, two ways with simple modifications to migrate from a basic CAS (Clean  And Simple) card to a more detailed and elegant card.

Each of these cards has the same ‘bones’ and although both are lovely as is, can you guess which design I prefer?clean and simple version.. one of two cards todayFirst up:  A Brushed Gold and Whisper White Card with a classic CAS Christmas design.embossed greeting of the season sentimentElegantly embossed with gold detail embossing powder, the scripted Merry Christmas from “Greetings of the Season” stamp set is common to both cards.snow flake embossing common to both cards 831As is the Delicate Designs Embossing Folder snowflake strip along the upper portion of the card. 

Isn’t it amazing what you notice after photographing a card?  LOL… I wish I had added rhinestones basic jewels to the centers of each embossed snowflake!!  Next time, LOL… or maybe you will!

Are you ready for the stepped up version?snow flurry bigz die from the 2012 holiday mini catalogThe Snow Flurry Bigz Die was used to die-cut Brushed Gold card stock snowflakes, gluing two of the three die cut shapes to the card front.itty bitty punched circle popped and toppped with rhinestoneA third layer of brushed gold card stock was added with a pop dot, a punched circle from the itty bitty shapes punch pack… and then topped of with a rhinestones basic jewel.

So… which card do you like better?  Will you make the first one and add some rhinestones to the snowflake strip?  LOL, I look forward to reading your comments and hope you’ll stop back tomorrow for another dynamic duo “step it up” card share!

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my online stampin’ up store for supplies used in today’s…

Step It Up… One Card Two Ways Christmas Cards

Stamps:  Greetings of the Season WM 128030 / CM 128033

Papers:  Whisper White 100730, Brushed Gold 102935

Inks:  Versa Mark 102283

Terrific Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine , Snow Flurry Bigz Die 127813, Delicate Designs Textured Impressions Embossing Folders 123130, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack 118309, Heat Tool 129053

Awesome Accessories:  Gold Detail Embossing Powder 109129,  Rhinestone Basic Jewels 119246, Multipurpose Liquid Glue 110177, Stampin’ Dimensionals 104430

Techniques:  Embossing, Big Shot, Die-Cutting

Pin It!

5 comments:

Susan Carlson said...

Sharon, your card makes me *need* to purchase the snowflake die! Thanks for enabling me!!!

Cindy Ware said...

Well, I like the 2nd one best. I definitely agree rhinestones in #1 would bring out more beauty & elegance. Lovely cards!

Ms Cookie said...

Well I think my preference is the 1st one. I love the simplicity yet elegant look. Both are gorgeous cards tho and I might see if I can do the first one.....

Sassy Stamper said...

I like the first one much better. Sometimes less is more.

ellouise1969 said...

I like the 1st one too....minimal and crisp. The snowflake def adds wow tho.