Wednesday, August 1, 2012

SQSC50 Papillion Potpourri MIL Get Well

Sadly, MIL is back in the hospital this week… with a fractured back following a fall at the nursing home.  I am told that she is  in excruciating pain!  The tales I hear, I pray for her care givers, her diligent daughters and of course my MIL too… She has been refusing food and drink, please add Beryl to your prayer lists. 

Today’s card for the Stampin’ Queens Sketch Challenge is also for Beryl ( my MIL)… she loves bright colors and told me she had been enjoying the parade of art arriving in her room at the nursing home…. Not sure where I’ll send this one, perhaps her home.

Also… on the news front… the Stampin Queens Challenge group will be undergoing a few changes this month!!  We have a new name with a brand new blog and team leader!  The new blog will be transitioned into play during the month of August with a full live date of September 2012!  The new challenge name will become The Paper Craft Crew… so watch for more updates and changes in coming weeks!SQSC50_Sharon_Field

Stamps used on today’s SQSC50 challenge:  Papillion Potpourri and Delightful Dozen. 

I love the new polka dot parade designer series papers don’t you?  Polka dots are always fun… here I’ve paired them with paper daisies, a DSP scallop punch and circle punched “get well soon”.  MIL’s favorite color is blue… she still has the blue quilt I made her on her bed at home… LOL, I thought she always put it out when I visited!P1140853Today’s challenge had three circles lined up straight in a row.  I knew I wanted to make a happy card and chose to use the butterfly punches for a quick and easy card.P1140852After punching the stamped images out, I used matching markers in Primrose Petals, Rich Razzleberry and Marina Mist to color in the butterfly bodies and head.. I just thought they looked better that way… what do you think?

Of course the butterflies were a bit too large in scale to line up on the card with accordance to the sketch… so I just tumbled them around in a similar fashion to last week’s gingerbread guys card!P1140855The paper daisy layered with snipped scallop punched DSP and sentiment looked a little lonely and lost.. so I added itty bitty punched flowers in pacific point, rich razzleberry and primrose petals studding each with a silver brad too.P1140851LOL… almost forgot to add the scallop detail prescribed in today’s sketch…. Smile but I did!!  The Adorning Accents Edgelits fit the bill perfectly!!P1140854LOVE, LOVE this stitched satin ribbon!!  This one is Gumball Green.. but I now have them all.  The ribbon is two sided so you don’t have to worry about twisting and turning the pattern when tying a knot or pretty double loop bow!!  It’s soft and satiny too!SQSC50_on_Createdbyu_blogspot

I think I got all the bones of the sketch… even if I tumbled a few things!  What do you think?

We’d love to have you play along with the stampin’ Queens this week… you know the drill!  For this week… you can upload your creations to the Stampin’ Queens Team Blog, but soon it will transition to the (If you don’t then feel free to contact me for more information on how to participate in the challenge!!)

I look forward to  and welcome your comments and truly appreciate you stopping by!

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my online stampin’ up store for Stamps and Supplies used in today’s…

SQSC50 Papillion Potpourri MIL Get Well Card

Stamps:  Papillion Potpourri  WM 123757 / CM 123759, Delightful Dozen WM 122650 /CM 122652

Papers:  Whisper White 100730, Gumball Green 126840, Polka Dot Parade DSP 126902, Summer Smooches DSP 125409

Inks:  Rich Razzleberry 126950, Primrose Petals 126858, Gumball Green126861

Terrific Tools:  1-3/4” Scallop Circle Punch 119854, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (flower) 118309, Paper Piercing Tool 126189, Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine 113439, Adorning Accents Edgelits 125595, Elegant Butterfly Punch 127526, Paper Snips 103579

Awesome Accessories:  Paper Daisies 119243, Metallic Brads 119741, Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive 110755, Stampin’ Dimensionals 104430, Gumball Green Stitched Satin Ribbon 126848

Techniques:  Die Cutting, piercing, punching

Pin It!

1 comment:

Diane Malcor said...

Very cheerful and sunny card! Love what you did with all the elements on it. Very inspiring!