Friday, August 10, 2012

It’s Tw0 Clean And Simple 5-Minute Cards!

Two clean and simple (CAS) cards today… these quick and easy cards can be stamped and assembled in less than 5 minutes, and are kid-friendly too! 

Clean and Simple cards are the types of cards I make with my senior stamper groups… they may have a couple layers, but are really easy to assemble.  To keep it easy, I’ll often offset images as in the card shown below.  Another trick… is to keep the layer margins a little wider than an 1/8 or 1/4 inch one might usually use on a card layer.pretty designer series papers and wider margin cas card

Very Vanilla, Gumball Green, Daffodil Delight and Real Red are the colors featured in today’s card.  The flower yields from the Love and Sympathy stamp set, “for you” is from the Elements of Style stamp set.  LOL… until recently “for you” was parked on the shelf next to my stamp filled Ikea book case because I didn’t have time to figure out where the stamp came from!use the brush tip of the marker to color the stampAfter coloring direct to stamp using old olive and real red markers, a breath of warm air was added to the stamp image (huffing the stamp re-hydrates the ink) and then stamped direct to paper (DTP).

Sometimes I see people trying to mash the tip of the marker onto the solid surface of the stamp {cringe}… it’s so much easier to use the brush tip sideways when markering an image!  stamp has been on my shelf for a month, LOLOne inch and 1-1/4” circle punches layered together make a nice presentation for the card sentiment which was attached to the card front using a stampin’ dimensional dot, aka ‘pop dot’.for the birds layered circle punches and polka dot dsp

The For the Birds stamp set is perfect for clean and simple (CAS) cards… this card features new polka dot parade designer series paper and the sweet little birds on a wire.use the gel pen with swirling motion to replicate feathers

The birds were colored using a bashful blue stampin’ write marker (and pumpkin pie for the bird beaks)… then a white gel pen was used to swirl in the white tummies.

Today we’ll be stamping at the Jim Fortuna Senior Center!  If you haven’t RSVP’d please contact me to reserve your spot!

I look forward to reading your comments, and thanks a bunch for stopping by!

Hugs,

Sharon

Stop and shop my online stampin’ up store for supplies used in todays CAS cards!

Pin It!

4 comments:

Heidi Sorg said...

I just love the bird card!!! My friend has this set & I'm always looking for ways to use it!! Thank you for your post & blog. I frequent it regularly!!

Cindy Ware said...

Very nice cards. I especially love the little birdies one! I hope it's one we'll be making in our 'old lady' class.

Gilbertsonv said...

Love the CAS cards. Thank you for all the time you spend on helping the seniors. I'm one and so appreciate the patience of our demo gal. Love to see all of your creations.A great job. Thanks, too for all the ideas you present to we who are no longer so nimble fingered. The old farm girl from SD.

ellouise1969 said...

Way Cute Sharon. I like the 1st one very much.