Thursday, August 23, 2012

I think it needs a double loop bow Card!

The jury’s out… something is wrong but I just can’t put my finger on it!  Not sure if it’s proportions or if it just needs a pretty double loop bow!  So, today I’m asking for your help… what would YOU do to improve this Christmas Card?what's wrong with this cas Christmas card?

LOL, I made this card when designing cards for an upcoming Christmas Card Class.  Not totally happy with the overall design, I pulled the card from the Christmas Card class and substituted another.hide glue with rhinestones and attachmentEmbossed Vellum Card Stock was attached to Brushed Silver card stock, secured on the right using multipurpose glue strategically placed and covered up with rhinestone basic jewels…. and on the left using the medallion shaped sentiment.pretty sizzlits and edgelits accent on card along bottomEmbossing along the bottom edge of the card was cut using the large scallop edgelit… which in turn revealed a narrow strip of silver glimmer paper.Love my big shot die cutting machine, don't you?A large doily die cut, punch layered snowflake die cut and brad accent the sentiment from Petite Pairs found on page 134 of the annual stampin’ up catalog.  I really like the detail in the doily die cut and contrast of brushed silver card stock with silver glimmer paper.  Still, something is missing… Is it a double loop bow?  What do you think?

See you tomorrow with a pretty (successfully constructed) Christmas Card!  I hope you’ll stop back by and look forward to reading your comments and solutions Smile

Thanks for your online orders, and have a fabulous day!

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my online stampin up store for supplies used in today’s…

I think it needs a double loop bow Christmas Card!

Stamps:  Petite Pairs

Papers:  Whisper White 100730, Brushed Silver 100712, Silver Glimmer Paper 124005

Inks:  Basic Gray 126981

Terrific Tools:  Big Shot Die Cutting Machine 113439, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder 117335, Delicate Designs Embossing Folder 127023, Large Scallop Edgelit 127019, Delicate Doilies Sizzlits L 126999, Snow Flurry Bigz Die 127813, Tabletop Paper Cutter 106959, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack 118309, 1/2” Circle Punch 119869, Paper Piercing Tool 126189, Stampin’ Pierce Mat  126199

Awesome Accessories:   Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive 110755, Stampin Dimensionals 104430, Rhinestone Basic Jewels 119246, Neutrals Brads 119736

Techniques:  Big Shot Die-Cutting, Embossing, Piercing, brads, die-cuts, layering

Pin It!

2 comments:

Penny Hanuszak said...

Hi Sharon. This is a really pretty card on its own without changing anything. If I were re-making it I personally might add a splash of black to pull out those beautiful silvery colors. I would play with the design by adding an 1/8" larger circle of basic black cardstock behind or in front of the large silver one - I'd try both to see which one looked best. . And, I'd also cut down the size of the rectangle and add a layer of basic black beneath the brushed silver and embossed vellum layer, again only an 1/8" so it just shows. Now I'll just have to go make one to see what that looks like. Darn, there goes my day again! LOL.

KERRSKREATIONS said...

I THINK IT LOOKS A LITTLE TOO MONOCHROMATIC. IT NEEDS SOMETHING DARK. A BLACK DL BOW WOULD LOOK NICE OR MAYBE JUST SPONGING AROUND THE EDGES OF THE CIRCLE. OR MAYBE THE BACKGROUND AREA NEEDS SOME IMAGES. OF COURSE THESE ARE ALL "JUST IDEAS". IT'S ONE OF THOSE CARDS THAT YOU HAVE TO "SLEEP ON IT" TO FIGURE OUT WHAT TO DO NEXT.
THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR CARDS. I LOVE YOUR IDEAS AND WILL SOMETIMES USE THEM FOR A SOUNDING BOARD AND TWEAK THEM FOR MY CARDS. I LOVE LEARNING FROM A PRO LIKE YOU. :)