Friday, August 3, 2012

Holiday Mini Catalog And Recipe Request

It’s finally here!! The newest Stampin’ Up! Holiday Mini Catalog!  So…if you STILL have not received your personal copy please contact ME and I’ll pop one in right into the mail for you!

If you’d prefer to view all the lovely new products, die cuts and dies online… simply click on the catalog below which will take you to the catalog page of my online Stampin Up store !!

image

This month, Stampin’ Up! is offering a brand new starter kit special… LOOK at the BONUS product you’ll get when you join my team!!

August_Join_Promo_SField_2012

Yesterday’s First Wednesday Card Club was a blast!!  The ladies chatted, lunched and went home with three beautifully layered cards.  Smile  You’ve seen them all here on Created By You!  Our next get-together is on August 18th… we’ll be making a collection of Christmas Cards!  Contact Me if you’d like to attend, there are only a couple spaces left!

Recipe request from our club meeting… LOL usually I do very healthy meals… but this one’s not so healthy.  It was quick and easy though, and we had a nice large tossed salad with fresh vegetables too!  This simple Meatball Parm Casserole is a variation of one I found on allrecipes.com, but I always have to tweak recipes just a bit!!

Meatball Parm Casserole

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 Sourdough Baguette
  • 16 oz. Black Angus Meatballs (frozen or homemade meatballs…but who has time?)
  • 16 oz. Marinara Sauce  (look for one with all natural ingredients, low sodium and no sugar… I used Rozzano Marinara Pasta Sauce from BJ’s)
  • 14.5 oz. Diced Tomatoes (Muir Woods)
  • 1 cup shredded reduced fat mozzarella cheese
  • 1 cup reduced fat 4-cheese Italian (Sargento)
  • 8 oz. Neufatchel cheese (or low fat cream cheese at room temperature)
  • 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese (divided)
  • 1.5 tsp. + Italian Herb Spice
  • 1.5 tsp. + Tuscan Sunset Spice (Penzey’s)
  • 1/2 tsp. + ground black pepper
  • Olive Oil spray

Directions:

  1. Bake frozen meatballs in accordance with package directions, drain on paper towels to remove as much grease as possible.  (I do this the day before, then refrigerate over night.)
  2. Spray olive oil on bottom and sides of 9 x 13 casserole dish.
  3. Slice sourdough baguette into 1/2” slices and layer onto bottom of casserole.
  4. Crumble meatballs into 1/2” chunks and spread over sliced bread.
  5. Mix together Neufatchel cheese and spices, spread on top of crumbled meat balls, top with 1/2 the parmesan cheese.
  6. Spread marinara sauce over cheese/spice blend.
  7. Spread diced tomatoes over marinara sauce.  Sprinkle with Italian Herb Seasoning, Tuscan Sunset Seasoning and black pepper.
  8. Top with 1 cup of each shredded cheese and remaining parmesan.

Cook casserole at 350 degrees 25-35 minutes.

Serves:  10-12

No card today Smile… got called into work early yesterday afternoon and worked to close!!   I’ll be stamping today though!

I do have a couple questions for you today…

What’s your stamping style?  

Do you prefer quick and easy, replicable cards or more complex and pretty layered cards? 

What is your favorite embellishment?

How many embellishments do you like to add to cards?

Do you scrapbook?

I look forward to reading your sweet comments and hope you’ll stop back by tomorrow!

Hugs,

Sharon

Visit my Online Stampin’ Up! Store to shop for exclusive Holiday Mini Catalog Products and more!!

Pin It!

9 comments:

ColleenB. said...

Great looking recipe. Thank you
I do variety of cards from clean and simple to quick and easy as well as very elegant and guess my favorite embellishments I would have to say would be pearls
ColleenB.

Susan Carlson said...

Thanks for the recipe. ... I love very detailed cards with lots of bling. But lately, I've been creating more clean and simple cards - the kind that are doable by my customers. I do like 2-3 layers. Ribbon and Champagne shimmer paint spray are my favorite embellishments.

Carol B said...

I, too, like a mix of CAS and more involved cards. My favorite embellishment is ribbon. I have seen some demos do step it up entries - a CAS and then a similiar card with more embellishments/layers.
Carol B

Jsjohnson said...

I have more than one sytle. I love CAS but I also love a card with layers and pretties. I do scrapbook but have not done any for a long time. My favorite embellishment is pearls and ribbon. I don't have any amounts I put on a card. It depends on what the card calls for. I like balance. I am not one to make a bunch of cards that are alike other than Christmas cards. I still do not make more than 5 of one kind of them either. I sometimes will make two cards of one kind if I like it in particular. Like thank you or thinking of you cards. I also do not keep a big stash. I do a lot of the challenges on SCS so I do have some stash but I like to make cards designed for individuals.
Thanks for your inspiration.

Lorican53 said...

LOVE,LOVE,LOVE very elegant clean and simple is okay no scrapbooking but think about it from time to time Gals, the recipe is fab I was lucky enough to be at club! Everything Sharon cooks is as good as her cards LOL! She is one talented Lady and I consider myself one Lucky Lady to have Sharon in my life! If you can make the class this month it will be well worth it! Look forward to meeting you! Sharon for all you do THANKS!!!
Toodles,
Candy

Kerrskreations said...

Thanks for sharing your card creations and your recipe. I look forward to you daily emails. My stamping style is a clean look, Although I have made a shabby one. i don't like messy too much. The cards I like to made.......if I know the person will just toss it and give it to their dog to eat.......they get the quick replicable cards. If it is a cherished friend who is like my own sister.......she gets the card that takes a lot of thought and planning, layers, bows, lots of embellishments. my favorite embellishment........buttons and brads....although I am a ribbon hoarder at the moment. 2-3 is average embellishments per card. It all depends on the layout. Sometimes it will look too busy.
Yes, I like to scrapbook.......right now still doing demo in kitchen, so i like to come to your blog and see what you are doing. I like to make your cards, because you and I are on the same page....:) thanks again for all of your creativity! You are such a giving person with your creations and help so many others create theirs.

Carolyn said...

Hi Sharon - so you caught my attention just as soon as you said this recipe wasn't so healthy - I just had to look, and it does indeed appeal to me. Since I'm not from the States, not all products are available in Canada - such as the Tuscan Sunset Spices. Can you tell me what the base spices are for that - then I'll just make my own substitute? Thanks for adding the indulgence:)

Cindy Ware said...

I used to think I liked the very complex cards but I seem to be drawn somewhat to CAS cards. Although I do love lots of card stock layers. Depends on my mood and who the card is for.
I now make cards that are to be mailed without heavy and/or bulky embellishments. My favorite thing to do on cards is watercolor but I still need a lot of practice.
I don't go overboard with embellishments but I do like some 'bling' like rhinestones & pearls etc. My least favorite card is what I think is called the 'grunge cards'.
I don't scrapbook. I used to do 'digital scrapbooking' to design my photo album pages on the computer but don't have much time for that anymore.
And DO make that recipe. I, too, was at club Wed. and had some (2 helpings in fact!) of it. It is sooooo gôôd!!!
Thanks, Sharon, for all your yummy lunches and wonderful card designs!!!

Monica Crisp said...

Ok don't faint!! I like quick and simple.( I know you are shocked) and my favorite embellishment is........................................................ paper.