Saturday, August 4, 2012

French Foliage Embossed Layered Stamping

Today I’m answering your questions about yesterday’s post, LOL and sharing a card featuring a bunch of different stamps and techniques.  The card was actually created back in June when I stumbled across an emboss resist tutorial and thought it would be fun to re-visit that technique.  Combined with a little water coloring, spritzing and layered stamping it created an interesting card… hope you like it!several techniques and five stamps used on today's cardHave you figured out all the stamp sets on today’s card?  LOL… they’re all found in the current Stampin’ Up! catalog (surprisingly since it was made so long ago!!)   En Francais, French Foliage, Natures Pace, Netted and Fabulous Phrases were all used here… along with a variety of inks (next challenge!)see the texture of the watercolor paper?While the focal image stamping was done on watercolor paper, the background was stamped on Very Vanilla card stock using crumb cake ink and the two background stamp sets.  While En Francais was stamped once, the netted stamp was used several times, in several different directions and both were stamped using crumb cake ink.make sure the watercolor paper is completely dry!The musical notes from Natures Pace stamp set were stamped using versa mark ink onto watercolor paper and clear embossed.  I used an aqua painter and old olive ink to spread a little color here and there… and then let the image dry a few minutes before stamping a second layer of notes  with chocolate chip ink, and then layers of leaves and splotches  from the French foliage stamp.   As a final touch, the focal image was spritzed with water. 

You can see that after spritzing, some of the cherry cobbler and Old Olive ink ran a little bit… and I quickly arrested the spread of ink by blotting with a paper towel…. didn’t want to lose the entire shape of the images!!lots of layers... lol, I like layers!A heat tool was used to speed up drying and then a little bling was added with rhinestone basic jewels… The watercolor paper had to be completely dry before adding them, or they wouldn’t stick!so how did that happen?Sometimes I get a little carried away with layering stamped images and then have to figure out where to put the sentiment!!  On this card, it needed to blend in or coordinate with the background too… so layers of stamping and “forever” from the fabulous phrases set were stamped, punched and attached to a pretty double loop bow using a stampin’ dimensional aka pop dot.

LOL notice something kind of odd about this photo?  Somehow while editing, I flipped the sentiment to the other side of the card… not sure how I did that, but the sentiment is actually on the right!

Yesterday’s post and recipe had some lovely comments, all of which I enjoyed reading… love your perspective, stories and styles of stamping!   Carolyn commented that she lives out of country and doesn’t have access to “Tuscan Seasoning” referenced in the recipe… to answer your question, the ingredients on the Penzey’s spice label are:

    • Sweet Basil,
    • Turkish Oregano
    • Red Bell Pepper
    • Garlic
    • Thyme
    • Fennel
    • Black Pepper
    • Anise Seed

Here in the states, they are supposed to list the most used ingredient first and least used last… hope that helps!

Loved the comments from all of you… here are just a couple highlights!

From Kerrscreations!!  ROFL…my sentiments exactly!

The cards I like to made.......if I know the person will just toss it and give it to their dog to eat.......they get the quick replicable cards. If it is a cherished friend who is like my own sister.......she gets the card that takes a lot of thought and planning..

And Miss Lorican… LOL, we know you want me to start a catering business and deliver meals on wheels to your house.  Too funny!

JSJohnson… a Stampin’ Gal  with my sentiments exactly!!

My favorite embellishment is pearls and ribbon. I don't have any amounts I put on a card. It depends on what the card calls for. I like balance. I am not one to make a bunch of cards that are alike other than Christmas cards. I still do not make more than 5 of one kind of them either.

LOL… Our cat loves to eat ribbon, so I don’t leave any cards where he can get them.  Also, I’ve been known to omit a sentiment because it will throw off the whole card design… Winking smile you get that, right?

Thanks to everyone who chatted on yesterday’s post… and big hugs to ALL of you!

Tomorrow’s post may be a little late Esther… LOL, have to be at work at 6am and not sure I’ll get ‘er done!

Hugs,

Sharon

Visit my online stampin’ up store to shop for supplies used in today’s card and new holiday mini merchandise too!

Pin It!

1 comment:

Lisawhs808 said...

Awesome card--very creative & striking!