Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Christmas Blessings, Embossed CAS Card

Gold and Silver Dazzle Markers, sparkling snowflakes embossing and more are part of today’s Clean and Simple (CAS) Christmas Blessings Card.

Today’s card is also a learning experience for me… LOL what NOT to do (a knock off of the hit show What Not To Wear?)  You’ll see what I mean.

Is it Wednesday yet?  Once I get past Wednesday I can sleep in if my brain will let me… it’s been a crazy week with crazy hours and lots of climbing, building and more… soon this shall pass, or so the saying goes!P1140904

Vellum Card Stock, Whisper White, Brushed Gold and Elegant Eggplant are the colors of today’s card share.  Also featured:  Northern Flurry and Delicate Designs Folders (embossing) and the More Merry Messages Stamp set.P1140908

Two different sized silver brads were added to the embossed snowflakes from northern flurry…. the mini brads seemed appropriately sized for the smaller snowflake don’t you think?P1140910

Putting one more  brad into the other small snowflake would have interrupted the whisper white embossed Christmas Blessing and sentiment… very difficult to bypass but I did it, LOL!P1140909

The Delicate Designs embossed border was die cut using a large scallop edgelit and big shot die cutting machine.  Dazzle markers in both silver and gold were used to add highlights… you can see the smaller gold dots quite clearly… but the silver marker was also used to add color to the larger circles surrounding the snowflake border.P1140907

And my sleep deprived faux pas… lol, too much multipurpose liquid glue and the whole card is ruined!!  I was fairly careful about adding teeny tiny dots of glue to the snowflakes and embossed delicate designs border… but this was a newly opened glue container and the glue was warm.  It’s kind of funny how quickly warm glue escapes the nozzle of the container!! Chalk it up to sleep deprivation, I guess!

Still working some crazy hours and not sure what time I’ll be able to make a card or post for the Stampin queens sketch challenge, or paper crafters challenge design team (new name)…  but I’ll get ‘er done!  Hope you’ll stop back by to say hi!!

LOL, even when I get home in the middle of the night… I like to check your comments.. they really cheer me up and inspire me to stamp.. my thanks to all of you!

Hugs,

Sharon

Please shop my online stampin’ up store for supplies used in today’s blog post and card share!

Pin It!

4 comments:

cbkeith said...

I really like this card, and the delicate and lacey look. I always forget about vellum until I see a beautiful card like this. TFS. All of us have had these sleep=deprived periods of our life, and it will get better. Just make sure you get caught up on sleep when you can--it makes you a better papercrafter!

Cindy Ware said...

Very pretty card! Trial & error seems to be how I learn just about everything!
I'm worried about you, Sharon. Please take care of yourself - for your sake AND my sake! I don't want to lose my inspiring Stampin' Up teacher!! HUGS!!

Barb Stencel said...

Thank you for sharing - as always, your work is so beautiful! No wonder your's is one of blogs I faithfully look at...

ellouise1969 said...

I love the vellum look Sharon...this is such a sweet card.