Monday, August 20, 2012

Champagne Glimmer & Evergreen Christmas

Good Monday morning, I hope you had a terrific weekend, got lots of rest and/or time with family and friends.  Are you ready to stamp now?  LOL, I am!!

Today’s pretty Christmas card features several new mini catalog products along with the yummy new champagne shimmer paper.  It’s also one of the cards we made in this past weekend stamp a stack!  I think you might like this one!coredinations card stock, lacy brocade and argyle foldersRich tones of Early Espresso and Cherry Cobbler are complemented by the softer green of certainly celery and pop of brightness provided by very vanilla and champagne glimmer.  What do you think?

argyle folder used on certainly celery card stock tooAt first I shied away from the new core’dinations card stock, purchasing only the early espresso color (vs. gumball green and cherry cobbler which it’s also available in.)  The textural results on today’s card were achieved by embossing with the Lacy Brocade folder, and then sanding lightly.  Just may have to purchase the Cherry Cobbler, wouldn’t the texture be beautiful on a Valentine card?

The Certainly Celery card stock was embossed using the argyle folder… a little contrasting texture to the delicate swirls of the lacy brocade folder, don’t you think?for precision layered stamping use a stamp-ma-jig toolUsing the Evergreen stamp set at the stamp class set off several questions about two step stamping.  LOL… just from some of my newer stampers.  One of the questions was which image to stamp first… I think that’s just a matter of preference, but I tend to stamp the solid image first, followed by the outline image or in this case words.

Generally, I eyeball the images when using two step stamps… as you can see my words are slightly more left than they should be.  That doesn’t bother me though…. but of course, it does bother some people, and not everyone can achieve great results using the ‘eyeball’ method.

So, using this stamp provided an opportunity to demonstrate how to use the stamp-ma-jig tool, which allows for more precision stamping of two step images.   Do you have a stamp-ma-jig tool?  LOL, do you use it?  It’s also great for precision placement of sentiments!

Smile Thank you so much for your online orders!!  Every little bit helps me meet quotas and goals!  Speaking of online ordering… You may already know that the shipping charges fro just a few items is $6.95… but when you your merchandise totals $69.50 or more, the shipping rate is calculated as 10% of the merchandise total.  Good to know!

Have a great day, and I hope you’ll check back tomorrow… when I’ll be featuring two more fun CAS and QUICK Christmas cards!

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my online stampin’ up store for supplies used in today’s…

Champagne Glimmer & Evergreen Christmas Card for Class

Stamps:  Evergreen WM 127970 / CM 127973, Greetings Of The Season WM 128030/ CM 128033

Papers:  Champagne Glimmer Paper 127885, Early Espresso Core’dinations Card Stock 127848, Very Vanilla 101650, Certainly Celery

Inks:  Certainly Celery, Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler

Terrific Tools:  Big Shot Die Cutting Machine, Argyle Embossing Folder, Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder 127819, Stampin’ Sanding System 129367, Core’dinations Dust Bunny 129366, Stamp-Ma- Jig

Awesome Accessories: Stampin’ Dimensionals

Techniques:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine, Embossing, Glimmer Paper, Core’dinations Paper, Sanding

Pin It!

2 comments:

lisa808 said...

I love the look of the new core'dinations paper and champagne glitter paper.


Yes, I use a stamp-a-majig. I could not do two step w/o it.

Cindy Ware said...

Don't use one yet but I will be once I order one!