Saturday, August 11, 2012

Another CAS For the Birds…and Seniors!

LOL… I wasn’t too crazy about the for the birds card from yesterday’s post.  Although it was clean and simple, it just didn’t have a wow factor!  So, yesterday morning I got up early and made another for the birds card for the Friday afternoon senior stampers class!for the birds card for seniors stampersUsing up scraps of designer series papers, this one is so much more fun, don’t you think?  These scraps are leftovers from the Summer Smooches Designer Series Paper Pack found on page 165 of the big stampin’ up catalog.  I love the bright colors in the DSP, and bold yet not too large patterns!  The 1/2 inch strips were cut using my table top paper trimmer… which always provides a fabulously clean cut! simple cas card featuring scraps of summer smooches dspThe birds were inked and stamped using the new midnight muse ink pad then colored using the brush tip of a bashful blue marker, and the fine tip of a pumpkin pie marker.81112 and faux thread with white gel pen on buttonRandom Regals Collection buttons were attached with a mini glue dot, a white gel pen was used to paint “faux thread” across the center of the button… no more fumbling with twine or thread!

Things have been a little crazy this month at work and home… so I’m taking a month hiatus from Super Saturday tutorials.  LOL, it’s only a hiatus… simply don’t have the time to write everything in a blog post… the ideas are still swirling around in my head, and being created in my stamp room!

Tomorrow I’ll share one more clean and simple card, and of course a card or two each day this week!  I’m looking forward to the Stampin’ Addicts Blog Hop next weekend and working on my projects for the blog tour!  So far, there are 17 stops on the tour…. with some terrifically talented folks, you won’t want to miss it!

I look forward to your comments and hope you’ll stop back by tomorrow!

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my online stampin up store for supplies used in today’s…

Another CAS for the Birds and Seniors Card!

Stamps:  For the Birds  WM 126405/ CM 126407

Papers:  Whisper White 100730, Marina Mist 119682, Summer Smooches DSP 125409

Inks:  Midnight Muse 126860, Subtles Collection Markers (bashful blue marker) 119700, Pumpkin Pie marker 105115

Terrific Tools:  Table Top Paper Trimmer 106959

Awesome Accessories:  Regals Collection Buttons 119744, glue dots 103683, white gel pen 105021, SNAIL Adhesive 104332

Techniques:  Using Scraps, CAS, Clean and Simple Stamping, 5-minute card, coloring with markers, faux thread

Pin It!

4 comments:

psickler said...

I love the bright papers and the sweet birds on this great CAS card!

Cindy Ware said...

I like this one, too. But I still like yesterday's just as much.

ellouise1969 said...

Dare I say....too "tweet" for words. Love the DSP strips....great savvy scrap use.

Donna said...

Hi, Sharon! Had some catching up to do on your blog. What marvelous creations and tutorials. I love the vibrant colors and so many interesting ways of using supplies - from simple to complex. Thank you for sharing yourself thru your art!