Thursday, August 9, 2012

A Quick Scrappy Thank You Card

Do YOU have a lot of paper scraps?  Sometimes I just purge and toss… (cringe) but most of the time I try to recycle and re-use those scraps!  Today’s card uses some retired designer series paper along with current stamps, papers and retired poppy parade ink.poppy parade adds a pop of color to the black and white

Although the original intent of today’s card was to create something strictly black and white… somehow that beautiful poppy parade color snuck back in!  Does that happen to you?  insert stamped scrap sideways into decorative label punch

Thank you punched with the decorative label punch, is from the teeny tiny wishes stamp set… after stamping with basic black onto a scrap of card stock, it was inserted sideways into the punch.   A poppy parade marker was used to outline the outer edges of the punched sentiment before attaching it between DSP and fancy fan embossed layers.fussy cut and pop the flower onto cs with dimensional

Black rhinestones were from a holiday mini a couple years ago… but you can color your own rhinestone jewels using a black sharpie.    It felt good to use up some of my old scraps on todays card… and some of the other jewels that were lying around.

In addition to teeny tiny wishes, the Everything Eleanor and Flowering Flourishes stamp sets were used on today’s card.

Did you know that Stampin’ Up! has told it’s demonstrators to hang on to their retired papers and inks?  Usually that means one or more of the colors will be incorporated into a new or existing color family in a future catalog release.  Smile  I’m rooting for Poppy Parade!!  What’s your favorite retired in-color?

See you tomorrow with more quick and easy cards.  I look forward to reading your comments… in the mean time… Hi ho… it’s off to work I go!

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my online stampin up store for exclusive products featured in today’s quick and scrappy thank you card.

Pin It!

3 comments:

Terry said...

I love that you used scraps and retired items to make your card. I end up with lots of bits and pieces. I rarely find the time to do what you've done. I opt for sending them to friends with lots of kids, giving them to local kids or local schools. It keeps my area clean and spreads wonderful Stampin' Up! product! It's all good. :-)

Hugs,

Terry
http://goinovertheedge.blogspot.com

Elaine Wheeler said...

Super card Sharon I like to use up my scraps too and now I have a G Calibur I can do that with lots of shapes too hugs Elaine

ellouise1969 said...

Lordy I am a scrap hoarder esp WW and VV bits. It's amazing what you can squeeze a sentiment on really!!! Love this...I am a sucker for red, B & W.