Welcome! Today’s Super Saturday Tutorial was delayed due to unforeseen circumstances… but it’s here now! Life just gets a little crazy sometimes doesn’t it??
Last week, after posting one of my projects for the July Splitcoaststampers CreativeCrew… I had a lot of requests for a tutorial featuring my twist on the Accordion Fold Card using the Top Note Die Cut…. so today’s the day!
I haven’t finished the album interior… but will share that at a later date if it’s ok with my readers!Today’s album features pretty Polka Dot Designer Series Paper, the Papillion Potpourri and Postage Due stamp sets from the new catalog and the July special $5.00 stamp set “Reason to Smile” (just $5.00 with your order of $50. or more… visit my stampin’ up! store now!)
Here’s the current view of the album’s interior:Supplies needed for today’s…
Top Note Accordion Fold Card or Mini Album Tutorial
- Top Note Die
- Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine
- Simply Scored Board (with embossing stylus)
- Tabletop Paper Trimmer (or other cutting system)
- Two 4” x 5” Card Stock for covers (whisper white used in today’s tutorial)
- One 4” x 12” Card Stock for inner pages (whisper white used in today’s sample)
- Two 4” x 5” pieces designer series paper in three patterns of your choice.
- Snail (double sided adhesive)
- Approximately 24” of ribbon
- Paper Snips
- Bone Folder
- Corner rounder and sanding block or 1/2” corner chomper.
- Stamps, embellishments and additional card stock to decorate inside pages and outer covers
Step by step top note accordion fold card or mini album instructions:
- Glue DSP to both sides of 4” x 5” card stock. In today’s sample, marina mist polka dot DSP was glued to one side of each piece, and Daffodil Delight DSP was glued to the reverse side.
- Run the DSP card stock through the big shot machine using the top note die and appropriate sandwich.
- Place long (12”) edge of 4”x 12” cardstock along top rail of simply scored board and score at 3”, 6”, and 9”. Fold mountain-valley style and use a bone folder to crease folds.
- LOL… I used my 1/2” zutter corner chomper as it cuts through several layers at once quite quickly.
- Alternatively, you could use paper snips to clip 3/8” down on each fold, use a standard corner rounder to round the individual corners. To increase the size of the rounded corner collapse all layers together and then use a sanding block to gently ease the rounded corner to a larger curve.
- Your scored card stock will now look something like this.
- Find the center of your ribbon, and pinch at the middle. Position on the card stock where desired and attach using SNAIL or double sided adhesive. TIP: place ribbon onto a slick non-stick surface such as the one that comes with stampin’ dimensionals… run the adhesive along the ribbon and then use your finger to gently ease any overage back on to the ribbon. Works like a dream!
- Glue the ribbon all the way to the edges of the inside pages.
- Now, collapse all the pages flat and attach to one DSP covered top note die cut. NOTE: I just tied the ribbon here to keep it from expanding.
- Once the covers are glued in place, you can begin decorating your album…
LOL.. here’s the cover before I added pearls and rhinestones…Thanks for your patience… I look forward to reading your comments! I hope you’ll stop back by tomorrow for a new post and a brand new project along with a special announcement!
Supplies Used in Today’s…
Top Note Accordion Fold Card / Mini Album Tutorial
Stamps: Reason To Smile WM 131274 / CM 131275 ($5.00 either format), Papillion Potpourri WM 123757 / CM 123759, Postage Due WM 126395 / CM 126397
Papers: Polka Dot Parade DSP 126902, Whisper White 100730, Marina Mist 119682, Midnight Muse 126843
Inks: Old Olive 126953; Midnight Muse 126860; Champagne Shimmer Paint 116806; Markers: Daffodil Delight 119677, Calypso Coral (2011-13 Collection 123002), Bashful Blue (Subtles Collection #119700 Subtles Collection), White Gel Pen 105021
Terrific Tools: Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine 113439, Top Note Die 113463, Postage Stamp Punch 122344
Awesome Accessories: Pearls Basic Jewels 119247, Rhinestones Basic Jewels 119246, Stampin’ Dimensionals 104430, Sponge Dauber 102892